Share pics of how you safely protect your seats from muddy ERF feet.

monstah

Some people get their knickers in a bunch about ERF and muddy feet so, if you have a great way to protect your seats, please share. :D

100_6526.jpg

100_6527.jpg

100_6528.jpg

ADS

MOM25BOYS

Oh great idea 2mykids!! :thumbsup: We live on a very sandy dirt road and my truck right now looks like I live at the beach, lol. :p With both boys RF again I need a great idea how to keep the dirt and mud off my tan seats.

monstah

Oh great idea 2mykids!! :thumbsup: We live on a very sandy dirt road and my truck right now looks like I live at the beach, lol. :p With both boys RF again I need a great idea how to keep the dirt and mud off my tan seats.

I actually cut that grippy thing in half so you can protect 2 seats with one gripper. ;)

oxeye

I put an XL T-shirt over the seatback when the RF seat was on the captain's chair. My RF'er with dirty shoes is now in the third row. I'll have to try that rubber mat trick since my T-shirt trick won't work anymore.

ceruti82

i use the SAFE FIT kick mat from babies r us. no IRL pics right now, but i use it just lik ein the pic~ except instead of putting on BACK of FRONT seat, i put it on the FRONT of the BACK seat :p

kathysr98

I use a pillowcase in a color similar to the car's interior. Some cars it goes over the entire seat (narrow side of split bench or captains chair) or cut holes for the headrest to go through and tuck the bottom under the front edge of the car seat.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Count me in the shoes-off crew.

I've taken to having kids wear Crocs in and out of the house, and then taking their tennis shoes along if we're going to need them, and putting them on at the destination. Sometimes I just carry the kids, in their socks, to the van.

It takes an extra minute or two, but I've found it's truly the easiest solution for us.

cso1997

The no shoes people...do you live in a warmer climate? I am trying to picture how taking shoes off would work around here when it is freezing cold and blowing snow. I usually try to run in to wherever we are going...but I am a huge baby when it comes to cold.

Great thread, OP!! I remembering being very annoyed last year at the wet, muddy mess. I am definitely going to check out a seat protector. Something so simple and yet I never thought about it. Duh!!

BW1426

I got a fleece blanket that had plastic on one side and cut it a few inches wider than my MA base and cut holes in it for my head rest posts and tucked the top back into the trunk area and then actually had it go all the way across the back and under the seat so it was good for muddy boots and crumbs too.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The no shoes people...do you live in a warmer climate? I am trying to picture how taking shoes off would work around here when it is freezing cold and blowing snow. I usually try to run in to wherever we are going...but I am a huge baby when it comes to cold.

Great thread, OP!! I remembering being very annoyed last year at the wet, muddy mess. I am definitely going to check out a seat protector. Something so simple and yet I never thought about it. Duh!!
Warm? Not here. In fact FAR from it. I'm in Canada and a cold part of Canada too. I wrap DD's legs in a fleece blanket and I turn on her heated seat which has just enough of the heated backrest exposed above her RF so she can keep her feet warm. This is more for me though, she doesn't tend to care, she's throwing blankets off and pulling her socks off no matter how cold it is. Crazy kid!

sunnymw

4051694180_6e991cb3a6.jpg

Before you go throwing fire balls at me... those towels are each about 11 years old and if they were any thinner, they'd disappear. GMIL was getting fussy about her backseat (and it IS HER car) and it was either this or a super thick storebought thing she wanted to get...

christineka

I make my kids remove their shoes because I don't want their car seat or their neighbor's car seat to get wet and muddy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC