graco snugride without EPS?

U

Unregistered

Hi there!

My name is Sarah, and I'm just doing some research trying to see if we have to buy a new carseat.

I had my daughter in Aug 2005, and we used the Graco Snugride for her infant seat. We loved it - never had one single problem with it.

Now, I am expecting again in Aug 2007, and this consumer reports study just came out. I'm not sure if my carseat has EPS. It was purchased in May/June '05.

If it in fact does NOT have the EPS, do we need to buy a new carseat, just for a little bit of foam??

Thank you in advance for any insight you may have! This is confusing....I wish they would have tested a non-EPS version, too!

Sarah

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No, you have a perfectly good seat. Consumer Reports' testing on carseats is worth less than what you paid for the magazine. Ignore it, or at best acknowledge it, wonder, and realize that every infant seat out there passed NHTSA testing and is perfectly safe provided it fits your car, fits your child, and is used properly 100% of the time.

Wendy

smurf

I have the same problem as you, and I've decided not to get another infant seat because it will be used all of 4-5 months (if this coming baby is like the other 2, length-wise) and I will be driving infrequently (less than once a week) and for very short distances with the baby. I'll switch fairly soon to a RF convertible seat.

However if I were to use the seat for a whole year, lots of driving and mileage, etc. I probably would have bought a new seat, just to ease my mind.

You'll find lots of info on this board on the recent Consumer Report article. I've read everything, including a Transport Canada advisory and decided to take what CR says about car seats with a grain of salt (expect for the Evenflo seat flying off its base).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC