Vent Grrr..Learning Curve customer service...

kittykate

So in general I love my TF and TFP, but I don't think I will recommend them at all anymore due to the horrible way customer service is dealing with an issue with our new TFP's harness adjuster.

When you pull the tail on the adjuster, it feels like the webbing is catching on part of the adjuster mechanism and if you look at the webbing you can see that one side of the adjuster tail is smooth and like new while the other side is getting very fuzzy and looks like it is catching on something as it is pulled tight.

The TFP is our 3rd True Fit, so I know that it isn't the smoothest harness to adjust and I know the "tricks" of getting it to tighten. I also know that my other TF (the third was a Woot TF bought for a friend's newborn) does not have this problem when installed in the same position in the same car.

I called LC this morning to ask what can be done about this and was told that not all carseats work in all cars--so I'm out of luck. I tried to explain that we at times use a TF in the same car in the same position and the rep cut me off, said there was nothing she could do and hung up!

I figured that maybe this rep was having a rough morning and called back--nope, different rep, same story! So now I am stuck with a four week old $200+ carseat that is nearly impossible to adjust properly, and gets worse every time we use it. I bought it from them so I can't even return it to the retailer.:(

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

ADS

menfusse

Wow. I think I'd keep calling back. I had an issue with my cover. The snaps pulled through and I called them. They gave me no flack whatsoever. I only needed to forward my proof of purchase (I just sent them my email reciept from Amazon) and they sent me out a new cover no questions asked. I really think it does depend on the rep you get. I just keep calling until I got somebody who would listen to me. You have a seat with a warranty that they aren't honoring. Give 'em heck if you have to.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
That seems odd, LC customer service is usually really good.

How about send a email with pictures? Perhaps they are misunderstanding the problem and don't realize this TF isn't behaving like others. The pics should help them to see the issue.

kittykate

Techno, do you know of an email for them?

The only thing I can find other than the phone number is a web contact form...

Spam

The last time I emailed, I received a basic email back saying to call them at the number listed. I have had good luck with their cs :confused: I've also noticed our tfp has the same issue so you're not alone. I was debating if it was worth complaining about or if it's similar to the my ride is just going to have some fuzzies. Our original tf I don't think has the same problem, but I'll have to check, but the premiere definitely does.

Kat_Momof3

I'd be enraged... I say call back and just start off with demanding to speak to a supervisor because of how furious you are with how you were treated by the other CSRs.

kittykate

So I took the pics below and sent them to LC. I'll give them another call if I don't hear back by Wednesday afternoon.

P1010286.jpg

P1010284.jpg

(And just to be clear it is NOT the fuzzing itself I am worried about at this point. I'm more concerned that I can feel and hear the harness get caught on something in the adjuster mechanism, and the difficulty this is causing with tightening the harness on the rare occasion that we need to.)

Mommy0608

Wow, I'm surprised. I've always had good luck with their customer service. I'm sorry that they're giving you trouble. I agree, I'd call back and politely ask for a supervisor if you don't get a reply email in a timely manner.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
I've always found their CS to be really nice too. I know there is a lot of upheaval going on at LC right now with the death of Ken Sears. I'm sure a lot of people are really shaken up over it.

kittykate

I've always found their CS to be really nice too. I know there is a lot of upheaval going on at LC right now with the death of Ken Sears. I'm sure a lot of people are really shaken up over it.

Off to Google Ken Sears...

ETA: This says that Ken Sears worked for Chicco, is Chicco a LC brand too?

I hope I can get this resolved too, as I have also always had positive experiences with them and when they are working properly I love my TF/TFP, **but** this is also the first time I have called with a problem, rather than a question or to purchase something.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Off to Google Ken Sears...

Oh sorry. I thought there had been a thread about it. Ken Sears was the VP of sales at Chicco, and before that at Graco. He had a heart attack and died at the ABC Kids Expo last month. From what I heard, he was found in his hotel room by a rep from LC.

Spam

Sorry if I made it seem like no big deal It is. Mine looks the same, just can't get a decent pic of it. I usually have to loosen it back up and try to re-tighten when gets stuck. I just uninstalled it and brought it in and acts the same way in the house. I hope you get an answer. What is their return policy? They have to have one right??

And then when I took out of my car I discovered this :mad:
tfp2009-10-26_1.jpg

kittykate

Sorry if I made it seem like no big deal It is. Mine looks the same, just can't get a decent pic of it. I usually have to loosen it back up and try to re-tighten when gets stuck. I just uninstalled it and brought it in and acts the same way in the house. I hope you get an answer. What is their return policy? They have to have one right??

And then when I took out of my car I discovered this :mad:

No worries! I just feel like we just got over fuzz/fray hysteria and I don't want to be the one that starts it back up!

They allow 30 days for return, but I would have to pay for return shipping and the original cost of shipping ($15.95) would be deducted from my refund since I qualified for free shipping when I ordered. And honestly, I don't want to return the seat, I just want one that works as well as my original TF does.:eek:

Last edited:

cso1997

So sorry that you are dealing with this. I know the feeling a little. I am having an issue with one of my FOUR Britax seats. The CS reps are acting like I am the idiot and that my seat is fine. Well, since I have three others that are fine, I am not the moron. No one deserves to be hassled and hung up on. That is not appropriate.

kittykate

I got a quick email back this morning saying that they are forwarding my pictures to the engineers. :thumbsup: Lets hope we are on the path to resolving this.

kittykate

So LC finally got back to me and they are (begrudgingly) replacing my TFP. They still insist that the problem is caused by my not pulling the strap properly:thumbsdown: So they will replace the seat this time, but if I accept a new seat it comes with no warranty, even though the TFP with the problem is less than a month old. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

So I still won't be recommending this seat/brand anymore, as I am not happy with the way this whole thing has been handled. I just can't believe that they would blame the consumer for a bum seat, offer to replace it (out of the kindness of their hearts :rolleyes:) and tell me that if anything happens to go wrong with the new seat that I am just out of luck. Ridiculous. :mad:

MoreLatte

So LC finally got back to me and they are (begrudgingly) replacing my TFP. They still insist that the problem is caused by my not pulling the strap properly:thumbsdown: So they will replace the seat this time, but if I accept a new seat it comes with no warranty, even though the TFP with the problem is less than a month old. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

So I still won't be recommending this seat/brand anymore, as I am not happy with the way this whole thing has been handled. I just can't believe that they would blame the consumer for a bum seat, offer to replace it (out of the kindness of their hearts :rolleyes:) and tell me that if anything happens to go wrong with the new seat that I am just out of luck. Ridiculous. :mad:

That is really crummy :thumbsdown: I think I'd just get a refund if it was me (if that was an option).
Of course, I've never been a TF fan, I think it is really lacking in the design department.

kittykate

That is really crummy :thumbsdown: I think I'd just get a refund if it was me (if that was an option).
Of course, I've never been a TF fan, I think it is really lacking in the design department.

Nope not an option, since I'm apparently too dumb to pull a harness adjust correctly :rolleyes:

(And I'm sorry for the sarcasm, I just really dislike the way they are treating this situation. I've never had a company be so patronizing before.)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
So they think you're pulling the strap of TWO TFs properly, but the THIRD you don't know how to use??? Did you talk to a supervisor or manager?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC