I'm obviously still a newbie-- Costco/Safety1st Uptown

Synchro246

So I see all these threads about the uptown and I want to see it. I can't find specs and a pic online (anyone have a link?)
But from browsing and searching on here I have learned, in the last 5 minutes that cosco and safety first are the same company and that the uptown is some mysterious new seat from them.

OH geeze, I finally found a link
sorry for the bother
http://www.safety1st.com/product.asp?productID=2649

I also want to say that I don't like the costco juvenile or the safety first websites. . .they are not easy to use.

OK, one new question. In the other threads it sounded like the uptown had a high weight limit. . .but it's just 40lb. Was I just confused by the conversation?

ADS

scatterbunny

Dorel Juvenile Group (www.djgusa.com) is the parent company of Cosco (no "t", that's only for the store Costco ;) ), Safety 1st and Eddie Bauer. Most of their seats are built on the same shell, with different brand names and covers. They can charge lots more for the Eddie Bauer seats because of the brand name. :rolleyes:

The Uptown, like all Dorel convertibles, has the highest rear-facing weight limit on the market, 35 pounds, plus a tall enough seat shell to get most kids to that weight, or at least to 30+ pounds. It still only has a 40 pound FF weight limit, but top slots are a decent height. It's more padded than the previous Cosco budget option, the Scenera, and it has EPP foam (something that Dorel said for quite awhile they would never do; they considered it a marketing ploy of some sort, not something of real safety benefit).

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I also want to say that I don't like the costco juvenile or the safety first websites. . .they are not easy to use.

I agree. A lot of the websites are difficult to navigate. The Dorel ones are just a few of those "difficult to use" sites.

Synchro246

Thank you for the clarification Scaterbunny.

It's good to hear that it's not just my internet navigation skills that were causing me issue, I'm not alone ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC