Free FFS: Anyone interested in a Husky w/denim cover?

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Still available; shipping issue - see post 17.

This isn't my Husky, it's my friend's. Her son is riding in a booster now and no longer needs the Husky. She was going to just throw it away but it's still got some life in it so I offered to take it and see if there was any interest in it first. Never been in a wreck, well-cared for, missing the pads and recline bar (Gypsy and I stole it LOL!)

Now, I forgot to check the DOM when we had this discussion, but she got it around the same time I got mine and I remember we've discussed in the past that ours have similar DOMs. Mine's a 12/05, so hers should be similar and have at least another year of use. Of course I will get the exact DOM before finalizing a deal.

Biggest issue is - you're still going to have to pay shipping, which is going to be ugly for a seat you can only use for a year - it will probably run at least $50. I don't want to put it on craigslist because I know it will just go to someone who'll keep using it past the expiration. I'm wondering if there might some folks on here who only need the Husky to get their long-torso'd 4/5 yo to a better booster age, and I'd like to see it put to such use.

If someone just wants the cover, I can send it for the price of shipping and just add the Husky shell to my pile of seats that needs destroyed. :D Priority will go to the person who wants the entire seat, though.

Last edited:
ADS

munchkin

Can you please check shipping to 63304? A kid came into a check last time and he just turned 3 and outgrowing every seat we had available and she has no money for any seat. And I didn't know what to tell her to do. So if I can get this cheap enough I would it cost me a little then him be in a booster.

Defrost

Can you please check shipping to 63304? A kid came into a check last time and he just turned 3 and outgrowing every seat we had available and she has no money for any seat. And I didn't know what to tell her to do. So if I can get this cheap enough I would it cost me a little then him be in a booster.

You're closer to me; that does make it cheaper! UPS ground (that's really the only way I can ship it; apparently it's too big for USPS and for any other company I'd have to drive it to the city) says about $30; I'd need to ask $35 to cover buying a box because I don't have one large enough.

munchkin

I have been trying to get ahold of the mom to see if our SafeKids guy has helped her out or not (probably not). Can I let you know by tomorrow night? I am almost certain I will take it, but I would hate to take it and have the possibility of not using it, when someone else could.

So if the seat has a DOM similar to yours, it should have 2 years left, right? I would be so much happier getting him to 5 in the harness ;).

Defrost

She's dropping it off tomorrow so I'll be certain of the DOM by then. I was thinking mine was already 5 years old, but it's 4 in Dec, so yeah, I'm guessing it's got about 2 years left.

I don't mind waiting until you hear back - this is the kind of situation I was looking for. I don't mind shipping it for this, because I know if I save myself the hassle and put it on craigslist, it'll just go to someone putting their 20lb 1-yo in it and get used until the kid turns 10.

Defrost

Just wanted to let you know, my friend is home sick with her son, so she won't be able to drop it off today. Should have it by tomorrow.

Defrost

Okay, I had to go run an errand near my friend's house, so I just picked up the Husky while I was at it. Hers is actually a bit older than I thought - the DOM is 06/05, so not quite two years left on it.

And while it is missing the crotch pad, it does have the shoulder pads. I've got the cover in the wash right now and I'm going to wipe down the shell and harness later tonight.

Just let me know when you hear back from that mom. :)

WhatAboutPuppy

I know there's a line here... but uh... how about to 97224???
I was literally telling Judi I didn't know what I was going to do when DSS1 outgrew his Frontier harness.

Defrost

Shipping with Greyhound? I've never even heard of it. I'll look it up, but I'm guessing it would involve me having to drop it off in the city, and I'd really prefer not to do that. It would cost me nearly as much in gas as we'd save!

To 97224 looks like it'd be about $25, but I'm pretty sure Munchkin's going to take it.

munchkin

Talked to mom, she is so excited and really appreciates it. I sent you money!

Oh, and he won't be 3 until January :eek:, 4.5 is better than now.

Defrost

Awesome, thanks!

I tried to get a box today while I was at WM, but they don't have any large enough. I may try asking if they have any in the back, but they've been rather unhelpful about that in the past. I can stop by the UPS store and see what they've got available, hopefully not too expensive!

Anyway, what I mean is, as soon as I get a box, I'll get it shipped!

Defrost

Okay - turns out KQ was right. UPS's online shipping calculator is total junk, according to my local UPS drop. :( :mad:

The only way to ship this and have it be even remotely affordable is through Greyhound (and that's assuming their online calculator actually works.) For munchkin, that made it quite the drive to pick it up, so she's decided against it. UPS was going to charge well over $100; with Greyhound it was still under $50.

So - the Husky's still available. sholoulou, are you still interested? Got a Greyhound station nearby? It's going to have to wait until I get to Boise, though, plus Greyhound ships it "space available," so it may take a lot longer to get there. If not, I may be able to get it to WhatAboutPuppy for next to nothing. My uncle is a truck driver and stops in here every month or so on his way to points all over the Northwest. I haven't asked him yet, though, so that's just a possibility, not a for-sure.

Anyone in SW Idaho interested? If I don't get any takers here, I'm going to email my SK coordinator to see if we have any families in need.

courtfrog2

I just shipped a Regent Fedex for less than $30 to 3 states over. You might want to try that. The calculater usually works. Shipping to a business makes it cheaper too.

Just a thought. If you can estimate to 49006 I have a friend from church that has an aspie boy that really needs out of his cargo booster (Used in booster mode)

ETA: if you piece several boxes together with lots of tape that works great. I shipped the Regent upside down with 2 boxes taped together.

Defrost

I can't figure out how to estimate shipping on FedEx. Hint? Do I really have to register? I don't want an account and I won't be printing out labels, but that's all I can find on their website.

If sholoulou and WhatAboutPuppy give it a pass, you're next up.

I just shipped a Regent Fedex for less than $30 to 3 states over. You might want to try that. The calculater usually works. Shipping to a business makes it cheaper too.

Just a thought. If you can estimate to 49006 I have a friend from church that has an aspie boy that really needs out of his cargo booster (Used in booster mode)

ETA: if you piece several boxes together with lots of tape that works great. I shipped the Regent upside down with 2 boxes taped together.

courtfrog2

I'm able to estimate shipping on the fedex without an account I believe. I do think you need the people's addresses though. Shipping to business will save a ton though just to let you know.

If you PM me the weight, dimensions, and info (Your address and at least the other's zip codes (I can make up an address via the web), I can estimate shipping for you... Ummm I mean my DH can. He has his own business and ships things fedex all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC