At what age did your children fit without a booster...

When did your child fit?

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 6 31.6%

Votes: 3 15.8%

• My child is 13 or older and still doesn't fit

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Clicky box

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I voted 11 and 12. 11 for the Escape or third row of the Ody, and 12 for the captain's chairs in the Ody. Though currently my 12 yo is still in the Frontier for the added side impact protection. Any younger than this and it really seems the lapbelt rides way too high on the abdomen, even if they fit perfectly every other way.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Dd passed the 5 step test in the 3rd row when she was 7, but I anticipate she will be 11-12 before she fits in the captains chair.

ginny4

DS1 is 10 & passes the 5 step test in the van (capt seat better than 3 rd row) 01 grand caravan HOWEVER he still fits BETTER in a NBB so thats where he is.

in our 2ndary van (94 gr caravan) he fits rather well in the capt seat much to my surprise. & my 9yo also fits well in this one. haven't checked his fit in the 01 yet.

tiggercat

Almost 9 and hovering around 75lbs, and doesn't fit yet in either of our vehicles. He is close in the Caravan back row (where he normally sits) but is a much better fit with the Olli. I haven't tried him in the capt' chairs.
(Not a primary vehicle, but he does fit ok in my MIL's protoge. I still have him in the backless turbo until he is totally out of head support though, since I don't know if he will sit properly the whole time without that physical reminder).

Kat_Momof3

Damian was 8, but he was also 4'9" and 100lbs... he's 9.75yrs now and he's 5'1/2" and 105lbs.

he is the EXTREMELY RARE.

Jeffrey will probably hit 4'9" at about 9.5-10yrs old.

scatterbunny

H is 8y4mo, and only one inch away from 4'9, the same size as her average-sized 10yo friends, but so far she isn't even close to passing the 5 step test in any of the vehicles she regularly rides in. Her feet don't touch the floor (by several inches) and the lapbelt rides up too high on her tummy. In some vehicles the shoulderbelt is positioned fine without a booster, and in others, it's still too high.

I was just talking about this with my husband today. I think Michael may pass at 8 years old in the 3rd row of my kia Sedona. Maybe 10/11 in the captains chair.

Logan will probally be 14 in either of the seats :rolleyes:

*I did not vote since we are just guessing*

U

Unregistered1

M is 10 years, 6 months, 4'9", about 90 lbs last check (I don't weigh her often because she's self conscious about her weight) and has been riding without her booster for a couple months now. She passes the five step test in both mine and my mom's cars... which is good, because she needed the Frontier on a setting that didn't fit in my car! M is close to the same size as me, only she has shorter legs, so I'm not surprised that she passes the test.

Qarin

If she stays in the 3rd-5th percentile for height, DD1 should hit 4'9" some time between 12 and 13 years old- that doesn't help identify when she'd pass the 5-step test, of course.

DD2, if she follows her current growth curve, will be between 10 and 11 years old.

There's a chance that my children, 3 years different in age, will leave boosters at the same time.

NannyMom

A *just* passes in my van. I have let her ride w/o a booster just a couple of times. I also voted for 10 because she is so close to passing in Dad's car, I'm sure she will when she's 10. She also passes in the plus 1 of her Mom's Odyssey, but I haven't seen to verify.

She will NOT ride w/o a booster again in my van short of an absolute emergency. I made the mistake of mentioning it to her parents, and now they think she doesn't absolutely NEED a booster always (more so Dad than Mom). When her PW broke, Dad let her ride in his car w/o a booster.... until I found out and put a backless in there.

christineka

I didn't vote since none of my kids pass or are close to passing. I suspect 9 yo dd will be 13+ years before she passes and dd2 will pass at the same time when she is 12.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
technically, I don't pass. apparently, I have abnomrlaly short femurs? But my back can not rest against the back of the seat in any vehicle and have my legs bend comfortably over the edge.....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC