I just sold an Uptown at Walmart!!

mominabigtruck

So here I was at the big walmart in Celina with my measuring tape out getting ready to measure the new evenflo booster when an older couple with a baby came up to me. He was like you act like you know alot about carseats, and I said that I like to be informed I was just checking out some info on a new seat to post online. He told me that his granddaughter was ready to outgrow her infant seat and could I recommend a good seat and did I know the law in ohio. Well of course I was standing right there in front of the uptown and told him what a fabulous seat it was and we talked about how the minimum is 1year and 20lbs but that the seat rfs to 35lbs. Grandma really like the AOE becuase of the built in booster so I got my measuring tape out and measured the little girl who was 10months, 21lbs and 30inches. I explained to her that while the AOE was a nice seat for short chubby babies, her granddaughter was on the tall side so she would probably outgrow it heightwise before she was ready for the booster. Then I was explaining to them latch and everything and they looked confused so I gave them my business card and told them that if they ever needed help or a house to give me a call and they left with the uptown. So then I was checking out and we happened to be checking out at the same time and we got to talking again and I told them that unless they had a ss1, she had already outgrown her infant seat. So here I am in the walmart parking lot in a dress, hose and heels installing their new uptown in the pouring rain. I got it installed and adjusted ready for them to use and showed her how it worked and they thanked me and I gave them the web address for here. This has just totally made my day:D

ADS

becca011906

Senior Community Member
that's awsome, did you happend to measure the top slots on the uptown??? I saw there was some confilitic in measurements on the other post on the car seat forum??? My uptown is on it's way to my house!!! YIPPY! LOL

Tara

She drives a big truck with red nails and big hair.
She sells car seats and installs wearing high heels and hose.

What *doesn't* this woman do? LOL

Good job girl, good job! ;)

nursekori

I can only hope to be this effective in the carseat isle at my local walmart or BRU one day!!! I'm sure they really appreciated your help!:D

mominabigtruck

:( I went to kmart later and unfortunately I couldn't talk a couple out of buying a cheapy cosco booster for their 7 month old. I even explained that it was illegal and he said well its only a couple of months until she's 1. Oh well, I guess can't convert everyone.

Tara

Did you then stalk them to the parking lot, catch their vehicle and plate # so you can anonymously call them in later? ;)
Ok, so that might be a bit psycho, but it sure sounded funny :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC