Ugh I give up....just pick me a new booster

mamabear

Back story:
DD was in the Frontier in booster mode. I had to move her little sis into the frontier, so DD1 has been in the TB lately. We aren't loving it for everyday. For some reason the headrest won't stay up in position, and the car's seatbelt twists something terrible in the belt path.:mad:

We shopped for boosters IRL. DD hated them all.She was in tears. We tried the Vivo, the Parkway SG, the Monterey. She "tolerated" the Vivo the best, but I wasn't thrilled with the seat depth.

A week ago some friends of ours showed us their Jane Indy. She liked it. I liked it. Found a place online that has some......went to order today and they are sold out:mad:. We are back at square one.

So, what else is there?? the front runners were the Vivo and the Jane.

She hated the Monterey (it "closed in her shouldrs":confused:)

She wasn't keen on the PWSG (said she wouldn't use the SG) Is that even an option??The user guide just said "strongly recommended"

We own a TB and a compass, they are fine for spare seats or my mom's car, but not everyday...

What else is there???

I'm *this close* to just buying another Frontier to use in booster mode (sigh)

I'm about to throw in the towel.....someone just pick for me??? the TB is getting worse by the day!!

she's 6.5yrs 54lbs 50"

ADS

Beckers

Ugh, I hate it when things seems to work out and then it gets snatched out from under me! :(

What about getting DD2 something else? That would probably be cheaper that another frontier, right?

mamabear

Yeah, but there aren't many HWH seats she'd fit (she's outgrown the MA harness), we'd end up needing another booster in a year or two. Plus it seems so silly to buy another HWH seat just so DD1 can use the Frontier as a booster KWIM??:p

NannyMom

Just wanted to say, if the TB's headrest isn't staying up, call Graco and ask for a refund. I had that issue, they replaced it piece by piece, but still had the problems and got a total refund.

mamabear

thanks, that's something to consider, but I still think it isn't right for us for everyday.
Something happens when DD unbuckles to get out, the seatbelt twists all around, and sometimes gets caught up on the armrest, so when she re buckles it ends up in the crease between the armrest and the seat back, not under the armrest....I've never had that happen with any other booster, hence why I think it's not for us....not now....

abacus2

Have you tried the Harmony Baby Armor (terrible name :thumbsdown:), [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Harmony-Armor-Adjustable-Booster-Black/dp/B00318CKLA"]Clek Oobr[/ame] (although you should probably just buy a Frontier at that price), or the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Kobuk-Air-Thru-Booster-Seat/dp/B003MBCGOM/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1315631781&sr=1-2"]Combi Kobuk[/ame]?

Last edited by a moderator:

emandbri

The cybex booster is to be out in Jan but those crash test videos are freaking me out. I am going to try e-mailing the company and see what speed the crashes were.

The sides of the Monterey go out but even on the smallest setting it would be more than roomey enough for her, sounds like she is mad you took her seat away and is being difficult.

What about a nautilus for your younger dd? Cheaper than another frontier.

mamabear

The cybex booster is to be out in Jan but those crash test videos are freaking me out. I am going to try e-mailing the company and see what speed the crashes were.

If you fond out can you post back??
They kind of freaked me out too. And I was/am really excited for this booster, I was planning in putting up with the TB until Cybex was out. now not so sure:confused:

emandbri

I will. I asked the speed, the size of the dummies, if it was latched, and if the crash was head on or off-center.

mamabear

I will. I asked the speed, the size of the dummies, if it was latched, and if the crash was head on or off-center.

The smaller dummy fared OK. It's the larger one that got tossed around. My Dd is a tall 6.5yo, so more the size of the larger one. I don't like how the dummy came out of the belt. and the dummy's head was totally outside of the headwings......:confused: Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the seat is top heavy??

I've got a spare original Parkway (Nantucket pattern - gray/khaki, was DD1's until she moved her long legs to the Air Booster) you could borrow in the mean time - PM me if you're interested

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC