To sell or not to sell...that is the question

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have been listing TONS of baby gear for sale. Today, I listed my beloved Peg Pram. :( When I took it out of storage to take pics, I fell in love with it all over again. :rolleyes: So now, I'm debating if I really want to sell it. But, I don't know how long it will be before it gets used again. I know if I sell it, it will cost me a lot more to replace it down the road with a comparable stroller then what I could get out of it now. But, I could really use the moola. If my other gear sells, I really don't need to sell it. But it's the big ticket item...so...I dunno.:confused:

Here she is...and yes, I have 2 chasis for it. So it's essentially 2 complete strollers...but only one canopy.
ForSale007.jpg

ForSale003.jpg

ForSale008.jpg

ADS

lovinwaves

Oh, that's gorgeous! Yeah, I would have a seriously hard time selling that beauty.

I do have a honest question for you though. I have never owned a stroller/pram that has wheels like that, so in what situations do you use this stroller? Since the wheels are fixed, how do you turn and steer? Do you have to pop a wheely everytime? It seems completely frustrating to me, in fact I can even get frustrated at the thought of turning that thing just from looking at the pictures. LOL

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I've primarily used it as a zoo stroller. So turning isn't an 'issue'. I have used it in the mall, but it's not what I'd call a mall stroller since you get into so many tight situations. I've also used it out on our farm, soccer games etc...the fixed wheels are AWESOME for offroading. ;)

I can turn it without popping the front, by just putting pressure on one side of the handle bars...but it's gradual. If I have to make a sharp turn, I pop a mini wheelie! LOL

lovinwaves

Ah ok! That makes sense. That would be a great stroller for neighborhood walks too! Yeah, I can't imagine selling it. Good luck with your decision :p

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
IF I decide to sell...what do you think would be a good price? That might help me make up my mind. LOL Oh who am I kidding, I don't think I can do it. I have visions of using the bassinett with my grandchildren someday. I think some strollers never lose their style, and this should be a classic for many years...right?

Jennifer mom to my 7

IF I decide to sell...what do you think would be a good price? That might help me make up my mind. LOL Oh who am I kidding, I don't think I can do it. I have visions of using the bassinett with my grandchildren someday. I think some strollers never lose their style, and this should be a classic for many years...right?

Yup! I wouldn't be able to sell it. Well, maybe the one with the todder seat, but not the pram:love:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Do you think anyone would want the 2nd chasis w/the toddler seat withOUT a canopy???? If I could sell that, and keep the actual pram portion, I would be ALL over that, as it's the bassinet that I'm in love with. I've got my P3 for a 'regular' stroller...

BabyGearCollector

Wowee!!! A gorgeous Peg pram with the high quality Martinelli upholstery!:) Yep, I'd have a difficult time parting with it myself. Never had any of the nicer Peg Perego prams in my collection. The majority of mine are Emmaljungas and Simos - all with the white tires I have a personal weakness for.:eek: Hard to say a price because I know it's worth much more to you than to a potential buyer.

Dave

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Well the good news is, no one has even inquired about it (though I'd only listed it on CL)...so I guess it makes my decision quite easy. LOL And I've done good at selling a slew of other things, so I think I'll be OK in that regard too...looks like my Pram gets to hang around for a while. LOL

MoreLatte

Thats good! I wouldn't be able to sell it if I were you. I have an older Peg Milano XL in Excellent, like new condition that I had up on CL for $65 and people were offering me $40 for it. I just couldn't do it. I know they aren't really in style anymore, but for the sentimental value of it, I couldn't just practically give it away.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC