Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member KaysKidz's Avatar

To sell or not to sell...that is the question

I have been listing TONS of baby gear for sale. Today, I listed my beloved Peg Pram. When I took it out of storage to take pics, I fell in love with it all over again. So now, I'm debating if I really want to sell it. But, I don't know how long it will be before it gets used again. I know if I sell it, it will cost me a lot more to replace it down the road with a comparable stroller then what I could get out of it now. But, I could really use the moola. If my other gear sells, I really don't need to sell it. But it's the big ticket item...so...I dunno.

Here she is...and yes, I have 2 chasis for it. So it's essentially 2 complete strollers...but only one canopy.

Kay... Former CPST, Working Mom to SIX!
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!
    'Grammy' to Sophia, Kyra,...and Elijah James

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: To sell or not to sell...that is the question

Oh, that's gorgeous! Yeah, I would have a seriously hard time selling that beauty.

I do have a honest question for you though. I have never owned a stroller/pram that has wheels like that, so in what situations do you use this stroller? Since the wheels are fixed, how do you turn and steer? Do you have to pop a wheely everytime? It seems completely frustrating to me, in fact I can even get frustrated at the thought of turning that thing just from looking at the pictures. LOL
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

Drool. I understand why you would not want to sell!

I've primarily used it as a zoo stroller. So turning isn't an 'issue'. I have used it in the mall, but it's not what I'd call a mall stroller since you get into so many tight situations. I've also used it out on our farm, soccer games etc...the fixed wheels are AWESOME for offroading.

I can turn it without popping the front, by just putting pressure on one side of the handle bars...but it's gradual. If I have to make a sharp turn, I pop a mini wheelie! LOL
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!

Ah ok! That makes sense. That would be a great stroller for neighborhood walks too! Yeah, I can't imagine selling it. Good luck with your decision
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way

IF I decide to sell...what do you think would be a good price? That might help me make up my mind. LOL Oh who am I kidding, I don't think I can do it. I have visions of using the bassinett with my grandchildren someday. I think some strollers never lose their style, and this should be a classic for many years...right?
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!

Senior Community Member Jennifer mom to my 7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
    IF I decide to sell...what do you think would be a good price? That might help me make up my mind. LOL Oh who am I kidding, I don't think I can do it. I have visions of using the bassinett with my grandchildren someday. I think some strollers never lose their style, and this should be a classic for many years...right?
    Yup! I wouldn't be able to sell it. Well, maybe the one with the todder seat, but not the pram
    Whatever Wendy said

"No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you, after all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

Do you think anyone would want the 2nd chasis w/the toddler seat withOUT a canopy???? If I could sell that, and keep the actual pram portion, I would be ALL over that, as it's the bassinet that I'm in love with. I've got my P3 for a 'regular' stroller...
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!

Carseat Crazy

Wow. I really like that stroller. I would have a hard time parting with it too.

Wowee!!! A gorgeous Peg pram with the high quality Martinelli upholstery! Yep, I'd have a difficult time parting with it myself. Never had any of the nicer Peg Perego prams in my collection. The majority of mine are Emmaljungas and Simos - all with the white tires I have a personal weakness for. Hard to say a price because I know it's worth much more to you than to a potential buyer.

Dave
    Dave - The Classic Baby Gear Collector

Well the good news is, no one has even inquired about it (though I'd only listed it on CL)...so I guess it makes my decision quite easy. LOL And I've done good at selling a slew of other things, so I think I'll be OK in that regard too...looks like my Pram gets to hang around for a while. LOL
    27, 26, 20, 9, 9 and 7!

Thats good! I wouldn't be able to sell it if I were you. I have an older Peg Milano XL in Excellent, like new condition that I had up on CL for $65 and people were offering me $40 for it. I just couldn't do it. I know they aren't really in style anymore, but for the sentimental value of it, I couldn't just practically give it away.
    Joy~
    Soccer Mom to half a dozen GIRLS

Quote Originally Posted by KaysKidz View Post
    I think some strollers never lose their style, and this should be a classic for many years...right?
    My pram was almost identical and I was born in 72. This style is a classic. I saw mums use it at the malls a few times

Carseat Crazy

If it were me I would try to sell the 2nd chasis with the toddler seat. I wouldn't want to part with the bassinet either!
    JANELLE, nanny to
    B - 8 , S - 6, K 4