New Apex

Splash

I saw one last night at BRU. The brown one. I thought it was very ugly, but I can see where some people might like it.
The top slots are VERY tall. Taller than my red one (with the 19" slots that never existed). By comparison, Charlie is about halfway between the 2nd and 3rd slots on a Marathon, and the fourth slots are right about at the middle of his ears. In the Apex, he is still below the second slots and the top slots are about 1/2" over his head. So probably about 3 more inches of growth in this than a Marathon.
It was pretty well padded and had EPP foam in the head area, but it was a THIN layer of foam. Not nice and thick like the Britax seats have, but it's a start.
I was pretty impressed with it for a $120 seat, and I have no doubt that most kids probably would get to at least 60 pounds in the harness, as the top slots were very high.

ADS

kelly

Yeah, it is TALL. I posted about it in a thread over on the Car Seat section. I don't have another Apex to compare, but my daughter had tons and tons more room in it than in her Marathon. I just figured it was a 19" one, strange that its even higher than that!

And, yes, without that darn headrest rule..... (It won't work in our secondary vehicle because of that rule.)

southpawboston

i'm starting to like the apex as well. plus you can get one for $99.99 at albeebaby.com. pad your order to over $100 and shipping is free!

mominabigtruck

I honestly don't think its a bad seat. I had one that I ended up returning but that's just because I think I got one with the short slots and that was before I knew that they were putting out two different ones. It would be a great seat for my mom's van if I could just get her to put him back in a harness and out of that stupid turbo booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC