Gen 65 vs GN

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

The nautilus has a taller top slot so will last longer than the generations 65. I think it is at least 1.5 to 2 inches taller, so may last up to 2 years longer.

disbugsmomma

Also, the Gen makes a horrible booster, while the GN is an ok-ish fit on smaller kids, but a pretty good fit on bigger ones. If I remember correctly, that is.

Evolily

Gen 65 is MUCH lighter and narrower, so for certain situations it is preferable. If you don't need the seat for travel or tight 3 across situations, the nautilus wins hands down, though. Just a more substantial seat with taller top slots and a better booster.

veggiegirl228

My primary reason for the seat would be to buy it for an upcoming trip and then most likely sell it afterward (so use it for 9 days there and a bit here before so about 2 1/2 wks). I do remember that the G65 wasn't great for booster usage and the GN was a bit better for that but I'm by no means looking for a booster seat yet. If I was to find a GN at Target for clearance, it would be very tempting to get it (note to self: reminder to stalk Target for the GN :whistle:)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I find the Nautilus super-easy to install. The Generations isn't difficult but not a super-easy install, like the Nauti. Add in the higher weight and height limits and the fact that it makes a decent booster and the Gen does not, I'd choose the Nauti myself. :)

However, if you could sell the Generations to someone whom you knew would only use it as a harnessed seat, and are confident installing seats in a variety of vehicles-- then maybe the Generations, with that 20% off coupon that's a good deal. :)

veggiegirl228

The only reason I talked myself out of the GN is b/c of the traveling next month. With the 20% off the GN would have been 143.xx+ tx or I could stalk the Target's now and see if I get lucky for the 109 price. The G65 was $80 with the coupon so not bad. It wasn't that bad to install in my car tonight. I like it but still have fingers crossed for the GN... Or the temptation to get a Regent for her to use for a long time.. I think DH would kill me :whistle: I wonder if he would buy the reason I'd give for buying a cs is that we are in the process (very beginning) of adoption and would need DD's current's seats for him/her?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Well, personally, for travel and if I were to keep it, I'd get the SafeGuard GO. But that's me. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC