Evenflo Symphony 65 at BRU

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's a nice tan color with circles on it, like a Britax Couture feel to it (think: tapestry/drapery), and the design is kind of like the Eddie Bauer AOE (Westport?) BRU's had for a few months.
I was really impressed with it! The red tabs are in the center of the harness straps, so nylon harness strap is next to the child's neck (the tabs on the EFTA cover the whole strap).

Anyway, spent 20 minutes with a mom and her 13mo ds... couldn't convince her to RF again, but at least steered her toward something more reclined and comfy than the Summit or GN, and SHE asked about top tethers :thumbsup:, and we didn't find anything on the shelf that seemed 'just right', then I realized we were tripping over an Evenflo box and I looked at it, and lo and behold, it was the new Symphony :D

I can't find a picture of it on the BRU site yet, though.

Most of it seemed the same as the old one...big retractable LATCHes, same adjuster, sliding height tabs...I guess the base was a little smaller, though, but I was looking for the easy reference guide they usually have with arrows on the base to show recline, and there was just WAY too much text there, and it was hard to figure out the FF recline options :thumbsdown:

Edit: PS, I have to go to work all day today, I'll try to look at it closer in case anyone posts any questions about it.

Last edited:
ADS

Pixels

I got about half way through your post before registering that you were talking about the Symphony. I read the word, but my brain though you were talking about the Generations.

There's pictures on Evenflo's website. One is called Circles (I think the one you were talking about) and the other is Liberty. Both say available October 30 at BRU.

With the new weight limit, do you think this is worthy of recommending now? What's the price?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Haha, too many 65's!
Thanks for the links, yeah, circles :)
Given how well Ulrike's kiddos fit in it as a booster (the old model, and I didn't gather the new one had any different shape in that regards), I'd say it probably IS worth recommending now...will harness a little heavier kids, makes a decent booster, so it seems all good.
Not sure on the price, the old one was $200 and I didn't have time to print up a sign for the new one yet.

fyrfightermomma

What's the top slots on it roughly? High enough to make it worth someones time? If it's the same as the generations I'm in. My DD1 needs a new seat and honestly I can't find any she's comfy in. However when we tried out the 40 lb version she was pretty comfy in it and her head didn't slump. I'd rather have a 65 version though to pass down to DD2 who is more chunky. I don't care about the LATCH part at all. It would go in a spot without LATCH. How's it for seatbelt install? I can't remember though if it had decent top slots. She doesn't need anything major. She's still on the 2nd from the bottom slots on the GN, just high enough to get her to 5 1/2 or so.

emandbri

Very cool! I was thinking this would be a good choice for my mom since she has grandkids that are different sizes.

Shaunam

What's the top slots on it roughly? High enough to make it worth someones time? If it's the same as the generations I'm in. My DD1 needs a new seat and honestly I can't find any she's comfy in. However when we tried out the 40 lb version she was pretty comfy in it and her head didn't slump. I'd rather have a 65 version though to pass down to DD2 who is more chunky. I don't care about the LATCH part at all. It would go in a spot without LATCH. How's it for seatbelt install? I can't remember though if it had decent top slots. She doesn't need anything major. She's still on the 2nd from the bottom slots on the GN, just high enough to get her to 5 1/2 or so.

I'd say 16", just guessing.

DS with a smidge of room to grow in the symphony (1/2" maybe?):

0617091324a.jpg

DS with about 1 1/2" of room in the generations:

1007091552b.jpg

I think it's a nice seat. It's not going to last as long as others, but most kids would get to at least 4 and 40 I think (assuming they didn't raise the harness height, but it would be awesome if they did!) and it does make a decent booster.

Kat_Momof3

from those pics on the evenflo site, it seems the seat simply sits a little lower on it's base now, which is something of an improvement, at least

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, so I looked at it a little more. Seems I was wrong about the cover, it's actually a tight, soft mesh, just like the Sara AOE.
I borrowed a tape measure and got about 16 inches for the top slots, like Shauna's picture, it doesn't go to the top of the fabric split.
The booster shoulder belt guides were about 19... not very tall, but adequate to get most kids to backless booster age/size.

I tried to get to print the sign to find out the price, but I was so busy yesterday!!! The I can tell from the planogram that it's more than 189 and less than 249, though (it's in between the EB AOE and the CA... carseats are laid out according to price, not brand).

Funny thing, too, I put the tape measure to the MR and it was easy to get 17" or 16" for the top slot, depending on where the tape measure ended (like the bottom of the seat is lumpy? If it went into a hole it was 17, up on the hard part, 16). Crazy. The RA50 I could only get 16 for the top slot. Maybe we have a haunted store :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC