Need a picture of a rear-facing car seat with DVD player....

emandbri

on the headrest. It seems on my st. Louis board the biggest reason for turning a child is so they can see the DVD.

ADS

tracee877

I will have some shortly. I just ordered one of the tablet style ones since DS can kick the old one we have now. I actually turned him FF for a recent trip out of town so that he could see the DVD player.:eek::eek: Needless to say I felt bad about it the entire time but needed my sanity. So I started looking for a new player as soon as I got back. I'm sure you'll get some pics before I get my new one on Tuesday, but if not I will post pics then.

Calideedle

These are the only ones I could find ... please ignore the nasty seats!

100_1281-1.jpg

(the MA was installed in the recline position, I had a PM saying it looks like it is in the upright position)
100_0701-1.jpg

Last edited:

lovinwaves

I'm guessing it's because their cars have a built-in DVD where it's not an option to have it shown for a rear-facing child?

For those that don't have built-ins, why are thinking they can't put it on the back headrest? Sounds like excuses to me :thumbsdown:

In any case here are some pictures for you to use.

JulyAugust2009055.jpg

JulyAugust2009065.jpg

Payton.jpg

henrietta

It barely works in our car to use the 2 DVD screens w/one ff'ing child and one rf'ing child, but it DOES work. The cord that connects the two screens to each other is pretty short, so it's a stretch to make it go from one rear headrest to the headrest on the front seat. Also, b/c of how I have to set our DVD player up, it can be near impossible/impossible in some seating positions, b/c the power cord has to go to one unit (extra screen) when used together and to the other (main unit) when used alone. If we didn't have a second power plug in the back of my mini van, it would be really tough. It took me a bit to figure it out--seats in certain positions, which player on which headrest, etc. Then, there's the question of can I still reach the main player to press play or use the remote....

So, I guess some people just aren't going to go thru all that to make it work or for some, it just won't work.

I'll get pics later of mine--it's still installed after our beach trip. (-:

henrietta

Mommy0608

What about using a mirror to see the DVD? Having the DVD set up for forward-facing passengers, then use a mirror for the RF kiddo to see it?

horseymom

It barely works in our car to use the 2 DVD screens w/one ff'ing child and one rf'ing child, but it DOES work. The cord that connects the two screens to each other is pretty short, so it's a stretch to make it go from one rear headrest to the headrest on the front seat. Also, b/c of how I have to set our DVD player up, it can be near impossible/impossible in some seating positions, b/c the power cord has to go to one unit (extra screen) when used together and to the other (main unit) when used alone. If we didn't have a second power plug in the back of my mini van, it would be really tough. It took me a bit to figure it out--seats in certain positions, which player on which headrest, etc. Then, there's the question of can I still reach the main player to press play or use the remote....

So, I guess some people just aren't going to go thru all that to make it work or for some, it just won't work.

I'll get pics later of mine--it's still installed after our beach trip. (-:

henrietta

ditto, I have a FFer and a RFer that use the same system, the connecting cord pretty much just reaches. but it WORKS:thumbsup:

steph_s

My issue is always finding a way with 2 outboard ff and 1 rf in the center, someone is always without the dvd player. I've never had an issue with a rf child I just hook it to the headrests. My dvd player has some really long cords so it's never an issue where the cords are too short.

I have also used a mirror (takes some maneuvering and putting your head in the seat to see what the child see's, but it can be done) for systems that are built in). You might want to point out that you can buy just a screen that plugs into most car dvd players to add an extra screen. My sister did this in her car and it was under $100 if I remember correctly.

emandbri

I am betting they have built in ones. Lionwaves thanks for permission to use your pictures, Diana and Jess can I post yours as well?

I will post the mirror idea as well.

fyrfightermomma

What about using a mirror to see the DVD? Having the DVD set up for forward-facing passengers, then use a mirror for the RF kiddo to see it?

That's what we did. We have a RFing mirror. DD2 can see the built in DVD perfectly from the mirror or just turns her head up towards it and can see it.

But yes, I'm guilty as well. DD1 was turned FFing on trips at 2 1/2 so she could see the DVD player :eek: It wasn't until DD2 was born and of course was a baby and had to be RFing that we realized we could use the mirror

emandbri

Can you guys tell me how they are secured? I know I have read
about how to get them more secure then they are with just Velcro but I don't recall how.

One of the moms is worried about them being a projectile.

Calideedle

I don't know what happened to mine, uploading again. Yes you can use them.

Ours buckled closed. The had 2 harness strap like material coming off that went around the headrest then buckled closed.

seamonkeys

I'd love a picture of a RFing toddler watching the built-in one!! :D I'm sad to say that my sister turned my nephew FF because their new vehicle has a built-in one! :rolleyes: He'll be 3 in Jan, but is only about 25 lbs and a wee little thing. I was proud for keeping him till past 2.5 yrs, but he still could stand to be RFing because he's so small.

ForeverSkye

I'm guessing it's because their cars have a built-in DVD where it's not an option to have it shown for a rear-facing child?
For those that don't have built-ins, why are thinking they can't put it on the back headrest? Sounds like excuses to me :thumbsdown:
In any case here are some pictures for you to use.
JulyAugust2009055.jpg

Can I ask what kind of dvd player you have?

courtfrog2

Okay... I'm lost here. How come using a child mirror is wrong but using DVD players/screens are acceptable? Wouldn't a rear facing child's face hit them in an event of a crash... like on the rebound?

I'm just curious? Not trying to sound rude.

Okay... I'm lost here. How come using a child mirror is wrong but using DVD players/screens are acceptable? Wouldn't a rear facing child's face hit them in an event of a crash... like on the rebound?

I'm just curious? Not trying to sound rude.

I am trying to figure that out too. ??? I just told my friend to take off hers from her RF kid and now if she comes on here(which she does) I feel like she is going to think I am lying(HI Court).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC