Baby Einstein refund

No, but I guess somebody sued cause it didn't make their kid a genius. :rolleyes: That's why I feel bad taking advantage of this, come on, who really though they were going to make their kid a genius?

I know right? I can't believe someone sued over this, crazy!

These videos were the only thing that let me get a shower in when the boys were little.

ADS

tjham

I'm surprised they are doing this. You'd think, if they had to do something, it would be vouchers to get some of their other videos.

I don't think they were that bad. I liked the music. Anyone who bought them thinking they would make their baby "smarter", wasn't very realistic.

BigDaddy

Just got this email...

If you are having trouble viewing this email, go here. Add Baby Einstein™ (info@babyeinsteinnewsletter.com) to your address book to ensure delivery.
logo.gif

Dear Parents:

I have to admit, I’m upset and frustrated by what’s in the news. I am a mom. I have two daughters, one of whom was born earlier this year. Because of my job, more often than not, my personal and work "lives" intersect constantly, so it’s hard not to take attacks on Baby Einstein personally.

I take these attacks very personally because I believe in our products. I believe that music, art, nature, animals and the range of things Baby Einstein explores are positive, fun and give parents a chance to spend quality time with their babies.

"Genius" isn’t part of our name, and it’s not our focus. Our philosophy has always been to help bring music and beautiful, real-world objects to babies. Anyone who’s seen our DVDs or read our books knows what Baby Einstein is really about - and what it’s not. There are no scientific formulas or quizzes. No math equations. No memorization techniques. Yet the media and propaganda groups continually demonize and try to dictate to what parents should and should not do.

We believe that parents have a choice and we value and appreciate those of you who know, understand, and love Baby Einstein.

As long as there are parents, there will be parenting debates. For several years, I’ve been trying to take the high road and let our products speak for themselves. After the recent turn of events, I’ve decided that it’s time use my voice and get in the conversation. As always, we want to hear from you - real parents - on the continued assault on and judgment of parents.

Visit www.babyeinstein.com for our official stance on the misinformation that the CCFC has been reporting to the media.

Sincerely, thank you for your support of Baby Einstein. Let’s take a stand together.

Susan McLain
General Manager, The Baby Einstein Company

P.S. Also, check out the latest news on our Twitter feed (www.twitter.com/babyeinstein), YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/babyeinstein) and official blog site (www.baby-einstein.net).
spacer.gif

TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY POLICY | UNSUBSCRIBE © The Baby Einstein Company, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Baby Einstein is a trademark of The Baby Einstein Company, LLC. EINSTEIN is a trademark of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
You have received this commercial e-mail because you elected to receive information and updates about The Baby Einstein Company, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521-6602, from www.babyeinstein.com.
FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The thing is that the AAP recommends that children under 2 have NO screentime. It has been linked to changes in the way the brain develops, and a higher risk of ADHD, etc.

When a company puts out videos MARKETED to kids less than 2, hey, less than 1 year old-- if parents aren't aware of the recommendations to limit screen time exposure, I can see how that could be harmful and even misleading.

But, I see it kind of in the same category as aftermarket products for car seats. Is it illegal? No. Is it something you should use? No. If you don't have the information, you might waste your money on it without knowing better.

(FTR: I own Baby Bach. I used it ONLY for airplane travel with my children, to distract them. That's the only time I let a kid under 2 sit and watch tv on purpose-- meaning, she doesn't just walk in while her sisters are watching. Well, that or extreme illness-- my oldest used to run around and make herself sicker by not resting, I'd get her to rest at age 20 months by allowing her to lay in bed with me and watch Riverdance. I do allow children under 2, but not under 1, limited, VERY limited videos on YouTube with the rest of us-- Muppet show sketches like "Manah Manah" and "Hugga Wugga," for instance. But we regulate it pretty tightly.)

Mylilboyblue

I sent mine in today. My mom did 4 and I did 4. We bought them full price in 2007 when DS was a baby, and a few were shower gifts. He BARELY watched them. I am glad I sent them in today, the story was front page Yahoo this morning. I bet at some point they will change the way they are running the exchange. We limit TV time and I hate Little Einsteins, so I don't want discounts or new products.

xxluckychicxx

Man. And I just gave mine to my psycho neighbor cuz DD never watched them and DS is too old for them :mad:

Hmmm I wonder if I could convince her to give them back to me... we could really use the money :whistle:

marjen

I think it's sad, because a lot (not all) of people actually got use out of the dvd's...and are getting a refund. I think very few people were actually *misled*. It's just like any other dvd you'd buy for your kids...sometimes they're a hit, sometimes they're not. And I feel like there are a bazillion products marketed to children...and it's our job as parents to limit what we actually bring in our home.

ks1978

I think it's sad, because a lot (not all) of people actually got use out of the dvd's...and are getting a refund. I think very few people were actually *misled*. It's just like any other dvd you'd buy for your kids...sometimes they're a hit, sometimes they're not. And I feel like there are a bazillion products marketed to children...and it's our job as parents to limit what we actually bring in our home.

You are one hundred percent right. I just viewed this thread thinking HUH???? We've never owned one of these DVD's because I don't let my babies watch TV.. Very few parents that I know DON'T know that it is not recommended for kids under 2 to watch TV, but they do it anyways, if it gives them a break. It's all about choices....

all together ooky

Hmm..I like the videos and so did my kids. It was sometimes the only way to get 30 minutes of time to make dinner. And I like the music. My oldest, when she hears music somewhere, will pipe up and say, "Hey, that's Beethoven (or whatever it is). I don't think this a bad thing. Once a day viewing isn't going to harm them. I think it's really crappy that someone sued-really, most parents know that kids aren't going to get smart just from watching a video. I'm keeping mine. I will not be part of this "refund".

Oh, and I do agree that the early ones were better.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC