Opinions needed on RA50

dawnp15

If i can get one for cheap in the diapers.com sale do you think they would be worth it?? My twins are little since they were preemies and any seat will last them awhile RF. They will be 1 on the 2nd and they are only 17 1/2lbs and 15lbs and somewhere between 25-27 inches. If i could get 2 years out of them RF i would be happy, cause who knows what else could be out by then KWIM???

ADS

disbugsmomma

I would get them if it's a good deal. I have a Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe that my 3 yo dd could still rf in. It's basically the same seat, except you can tether the RA50 rf. :thumbsup:

monstah

That's a great price and I would be very surprised if they don't make it to 3 RF at their size. Go for it. :thumbsup:

vonfirmath

We LOVE our RA50. We've got the Marathon in one car and the RA50 in the other and they install/operate the same. We do miss the little pieces of padding at the top of the shoulders. But I could use cut up baby socks if I had not gotten rid of all of ours for that. So its easily fixed.

Oh and my NOT pre-mie, 8 lb 15 oz newborn (well he was that weight at birth) still fits at 2 years 3 months. At the rate he is growing, I expect him to make it to 3 RFing as well.

amyd

I'd definitely get them:thumbsup: Honestly, I think the RA50 is the only Britax convertible I would consider buying now.

arly1983

Oh, my sister and I both have the Pistachio and we LOVE LOVE them!

I especially love the lack of HUGS and the 3 position crotch strap. We also :love: the tan and green cover!

dawnp15

I was going to get them each a radian xt, but that is a lot of money for 2 seats although i do think that radians are worth the money.

I've never owned a Britax seat and was wondering are the hugs a pain or are they a good thing to have??

I think that with the size of my LO's these will last them a while and then i can decide what to do once they outgrow them RFing.

Blondie87

Hey! I remember helping you on SC... :)

I don't remember though... Do you need 3 across with your kiddos? If not... I think Roundabout 50's would be A great choice! Especially at that price.

But if you do need 3 across with the Nautilus you would have to get at least 1 Radian, if not 2.

dawnp15

Hi Codi!!

Yes i do need three across, but we have a Tahoe so i think i will be ok. Right now we have the Nautilus and 2 evenflo infant seats and none of the bases touch each other. Or am i wrong??? Do you ladies think these 3 won't work in this situation??

Blondie87

I don't think it would work. With the arm rests on the nautilus and the hips on the RA50's.. Not a good combo. I may be wrong though.

Maybe you could do a cheaper Radian (doesn't need to be an XT) and 1 RA50. They puzzle pretty well together so I'm sure you can do it with that.

Maybe someone else that is familiar with Tahoes can offer more insight..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC