Guess what I saw the other day?

4RunnerLover

I was waiting at a traffic light and to my right waiting at that light was a van. In the front seat was an older couple. The woman in the passanger seat had a little girl sitting on her lap!! :eek: Now the girl was older than 3 but still probably needed to be in a booster at least. Or at the very least her own seat and seatbelt!

I know she rode that way too because their light turned green before mine and I was the first car waiting so I got a clear view of them driving right in front of me.

I just couldn't believe it. It just amazes (and saddens) me that people are that careless about kids' safety. I used to work at a bank drive through and would see multiple kids a day not correctly strapped in. :(
But after reading about the story on GMA I have a feeling these kind of people will be around for a long time.

ADS

Kaede's_Mom

I would have called 911 too.
Where I live it's not uncommon to see 1 year old un restrained, heck our county sheriff drives his hummer around off duty with his 3 year old grandson in the front seat with out a seat belt. I've seen it all, including an infant in the front seat sitting upright like it was being used as a FF converdable seat and it had a toddler in it! I see 6-7 kids (all who should have car seats) jammed in the back seats with not even a seat belt in use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC