News Crashed Carseat Replacement

McBaby0808

I read this thread a bit ago about Crashed Carseat Replacement as I was in an accident this morning and had questions about replacing my carseat.

This is the thread I read:
Crashed Carseat Replacement and Insurance

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9575

I tried to reply to it to add some information but it wouldn't let me due to the threads age, so I'm thought I'd post this seperately.

Here is my additional information:
I just wanted to share that I was in an accident today that I felt was questionable to the NHSTA guidelines, as the vehicle that hit me had it's airbag deploy.

I have a True Fit convertible and so I contacted Learning Curve to see what their recommendation was for replacing the seat and they took my vehicle accident details, asked the same questions on the NHTSA but determined that they would replace my seat for me, covered by my warranty, as they felt the impact of the car behind me having it's airbags deployed would be a desired seat to be reviewed by their quality department. So, they are shipping me a new seat. Just wanted to share that info in case anyone else felt that their crash might be moderate but questionable.

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
That is great, but it isn't a warranty replacement. Warranties cover defects. A crash is not a defect. Manufacturers are not required to replace crashed seats that are under warranty.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
How cool of them to do that! I think it's great they want to further research their seats to see what may need improvement. Britax used to do that, and I thought only Sunshine Kids was doing it, but yay Learning Curve :)

McBaby0808

That is great, but it isn't a warranty replacement. Warranties cover defects. A crash is not a defect. Manufacturers are not required to replace crashed seats that are under warranty.

That was what I thought, too, I didn't think that the warranty would cover that. When I questioned the replacement and covering the cost of it, as I thought I'd need to request it from insurance, she stated that no, they were covering it as part of the warranty. Could just be the phrasing she used with me...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC