It's been a good week in my car seat world!

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
So I've been certified since April and I'd say 90% of the checks I have done were first time installs with expectant parents. Which I think is great, an early intervention/education, but a little boring for the car seat nerd in me. But, this week I have had a couple of big successes and you guys are the only ones I can 'celebrate' with because no one else understands. My DH thinks I am crazy!

This week started out trying to figure out what old/missing parts Britax with after-market covers (yes, 2 crappy homemade covers on the seat) my SIL bought used for her 3 year old:eek:. Thanks to the help of you guys and the pictorial we decided it was a Wizard and expired or very close to it and possibly recalled. Then I had to try to convince her it wasn't safe:fencing:. After discussing the several reasons why the seat wasn't considered safe she asked for recommendations! This is a HUGE step for her and a BIG success for me. (We have been going round and round about an expired seat she has in MIL's car for months.) She is the type of person that knows everything and will argue with you about anything. I was even able to bring up ERF with her and hope she will consider it too. DN turned 3 in July, is only 25 pounds and maybe 37in or so tall and all legs.

Then yesterday I had a appt with a mom that came in with a 15 month old FF in a BLVD. I got to give her info on ERF and showed her my huge 18 month old RF. Mom was surprised by how much room her son had left to grow RF. He left RF :love::love:! He was about 23 pounds and 32-33in tall.

I just had to share :D.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC