We are now Officially ERF... Again and my Radian XT install pics Warning Pic Heavy and Happy Kid Included!

MOM25BOYS

Well... DS4 is officially RF again at 37mths and 34lbs! :love::love: He loves it almost as much as I do, lol. :p

I think I got it pretty upright for him considering my seats are close to flat. I split my new base installing it..:whistle: Grrr... I hate the LATCH bars in my suv.

So whatcha think...:whistle:

On a side note: DH wasn't happy, but he will get over it. Maybe I will buy him something nice.:p

DSCN1837-1.jpg

DSCN1838-1.jpg

DSCN1839-1.jpg

Split base....
DSCN1840-1.jpg

DSCN1841-1.jpg

DSCN1842-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Amaris

I've got an 05 Expedition with the same middle row setup and I messed up the base pretty bad getting mine installed. Could you let me know if it stays that upright? I've tried everything I can think of, but no matter how upright I get in installed it reclines when I put her in it and stays there. I do have leather seats, so maybe that makes a difference?

MOM25BOYS

I've got an 05 Expedition with the same middle row setup and I messed up the base pretty bad getting mine installed. Could you let me know if it stays that upright? I've tried everything I can think of, but no matter how upright I get in installed it reclines when I put her in it and stays there. I do have leather seats, so maybe that makes a difference?

I had that problem too, but I put all my weight towards the foot area of the seat instead of the butt area like I would usually do. I also pulled the base back a bit, but you can see it still slid back into the LATCH bars. That sucker was tight before I put my seat back into position and it is touching it now so I don't think is is going to go back anymore.;)

crunchierthanthou

looks good!

but ugh, why does that mesh have to suck? I'd love that color, but even seeing the mesh in your pics makes me cringe. I can't stand the feel of it. It's like rubbing styrofoam together. :p

LP Mom

Weird, almost the same measurements. My kid is 40 inches tall and 35 pounds. We left him in the Frontier and kept the Radian for our baby instead. Absolutely love the red Radians!

MOM25BOYS

Lol, I kinda like the mesh.. well so far.:p Just hoping it holds up better than the mesh on the Frontiers I had.;)

3plus2isme

Look good! I wish DS2 could still RF.

I don't know what everyone's deal with mesh is lol... We have a hampton XT and I love it.

Amaris

I had that problem too, but I put all my weight towards the foot area of the seat instead of the butt area like I would usually do. I also pulled the base back a bit, but you can see it still slid back into the LATCH bars. That sucker was tight before I put my seat back into position and it is touching it now so I don't think is is going to go back anymore.;)

So it's ok to get it as upright as possible (we had ours pretty upright with the front seat all the way back) and just let it slide down and rest on the front seat, even if it would go further back if the front seat were to be moved forward?

MOM25BOYS

So it's ok to get it as upright as possible (we had ours pretty upright with the front seat all the way back) and just let it slide down and rest on the front seat, even if it would go further back if the front seat were to be moved forward?

Hmmm, I dunno, but that's a good question.:eek: Maybe a tech could tell you, but I had my seat all the way forward so I could get behind the RN and push down before I put it back into position for me to drive. I put DS in it before I put the seat back also and it didn't sink down much more if any than the angle I had it. :shrug-shoulders: I am just saying that there is no where for mine to sink to now that my seat is back into position to drive. I did have to moved up a little bit and the back is more straight up than what I had it with the MA there, but I am right at 5'11". :p

I am not a tech, but the only problem I can think of when letting it rest on the back of the front seat would be if you were actually pushing the front seat back more to get a more upright angle. Then you would be pushing the base off the seat and getting a false sense that the seat is installed tightly. I know a RF seat is going to go down some when a heavy child is placed in it, but it shouldn't be alot.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I assume you have read the vehicle manual and the vehicle allows for rear-facing carseats (or anything else) to be touching the backs of the front seats?

If the vehicle allows it, I don't believe it is a safety concern -- although as the child gets taller, I would personally try to switch seats around to avoid any possibility of the child ramping up out of the seat into the vehicle seatback (and that's a personal opinion, not an official one).

MOM25BOYS

Thanks Chickabiddy for chiming in. :D And yes I have read my manual over and over again.:thumbsup: It does not mention or specifiy anything on whether child restraints can touch the front seats only that a RF seat can not go into the front passenger seat due to the airbags.

Amaris

Thanks Chickabiddy for chiming in. :D And yes I have read my manual over and over again.:thumbsup: It does not mention or specifiy anything on whether child restraints can touch the front seats only that a RF seat can not go into the front passenger seat due to the airbags.

I think I've read mine 3 or 4 times looking for anything about airbags and seats touching the front seat and I haven't found anything either. I'm 6' and dh is 6'2", so being able to put the passenger seat all the way back would be a lot more comfortable for both of us! I think I'm going to be reinstalling a seat today!

crunchierthanthou

I don't know what everyone's deal with mesh is lol... We have a hampton XT and I love it.

It's not all mesh. There's just something about the stuff they use on the XT that rubs me the wrong way - literally. It's like ... chewing wet mittens (c'mon, I know you know what I mean :p).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC