I let him get the pink seat.

Shaunam

The turbos are on sale at target so I jumped on it. DS will probably go in it full-time in my car soon, since the radian just does not install well and he's almost outgrown the EFTA. The last time they were on sale I was going to get one, but ended up not having the cash. He insisted he didn't like the airplane one and wanted the pink one. I balked just a bit since I think the pink target one is horrid. But I took him up there again and he didn't even hesitate when I asked him. He wanted the PINK ONE. So I let him get it. :love: The lady behind us in the aisle was chuckling as I put it in the cart. :rolleyes:

He loves riding in DD's pink my ride but he barely fits so I can't keep letting him ride in it. He was so jealous when he saw she had a pretty new seat and he didn't. This is the kid who wears a pink kitty necklace and carries a purple change purse. He's been more into "girly" stuff for 2 years now so I don't see him all of the sudden deciding the seat is too girly for him. Worst case scenario is I buy another cover off of swap, right? :eek:

I forgot to get pics but I will on friday. :thumbsup:

ADS

babyherder

I agree with you about Target's pink seat. What was Graco thinking?????? Lol. I like the daisy TB. Gray with some light purple flowered areas. Much nicer. But what can you do when kids make up their mind about something? At least he'll be happy and you won't hear complaining

Qarin

My mom just picked up one of the Target sale ones, for their van when we visit (next visit, two weeks over Thanksgiving). She did NOT get the pukepink one, so I assume she got the airplanes. I'm glad you got Adrian the one he picked... I could not have tolerated it! Nothing to do with girly/boyish, though... just... well, I really respect your stomach control. :p

I'm pretty sure my MIL is going to take DD2 to Target to pick a Turbobooster next week (don't know if they'll still be on sale, but she's out of town this week anyway); I look forward to seeing if she really lets DD2 pick when she sees the choices... MIL is a chemical engineer at Boeing, so would probably really prefer the one with airplanes...

Mom2FiveGirls

Aww! :) Good for you for letting him get what he wants. I agree with you though. Both of my oldest girls picked that pattern (we looked at several of them) and ugg! It was my least favorite of all of them. I would have gladly paid more for a less obnoxious pattern. But my 8 year old wasn't in any booster seat before and my 7 year old was in a backless booster, and they both needed high back boosters, so I was willing to let them get whatever they wanted to make the transition a little easier! :)

Mama Bear

I read this great article last year, I forget which magazine now, but its about a little boy who only want to wear dresses. His mom and classmates, teacher, parents, etc... were all so gentle with him about it and didn't tease him. When asked why - he's say it was so much more comfortable to play in.

I say if he wants the pink, then that's just great! It'll be a great conversation over holiday dinner in 20 years or so! ;)

lovinwaves

That's funny Christine. Kids are so dang honest.

My son, who is 4, wants everything in pink. Drives my husband batty, but the boy likes pink dangit!

Heather86

awww I'm so glad he likes his new seat and that you let him get the pink one ! I think liking the new seat makes the transition a lot easier as they are more appt to listen and sit still in a booster they want to ride it :thumbsup:

Shaunam

I read this great article last year, I forget which magazine now, but its about a little boy who only want to wear dresses. His mom and classmates, teacher, parents, etc... were all so gentle with him about it and didn't tease him. When asked why - he's say it was so much more comfortable to play in.

I say if he wants the pink, then that's just great! It'll be a great conversation over holiday dinner in 20 years or so! ;)

I didn't read the article, but she started a blog! I'll see if I can find it. I do worry someday he'll ask to wear girl clothes, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, it's just accessories and stuff. He did ask for a pink yo gabba gabba shirt once and he got a sad look on his face and asked, "But this is a girl one right?" I said yes, but we'd look for a boy one and we did find one. I wouldn't let him get the girl one just because they don't make them long enough! I don't have a problem with him actually wanting to wear girl stuff, but I worry that he's too young to deal with all the poopy heads who say it's not cool for boys to wear pink. :thumbsdown:

Found the blog.

cmm7

We have a little boy at the center I work at who LOVES skirts. So, his mom and him went out and bought a bunch of fabric of his choice to make them. I love when he comes to class in pirate ship skirts or airplane skirts. That is always an option if you are uncomfortable with the skirts in stores.

courtfrog2

My oldest used to LOVE boys baseball shirts. Anything baseball she'd wear. I bet that kid had more baseball shirts than any boy would have. She had baseball pajamas shorts and she wanted to wear the whole thing to school. The minute she got out of the van a little bratty girl said, "Hey, my brother has those same pajamas". Instead of getting all mad, my DD calmly said, "Well, these are mine and not his" :p

I think it's ashamed how gender is classified by "stuff". It's worse for boys which is totally wrong IMO. If I had a boy, I would be totally fine with the girly stuff if he wanted to. Heck, my nephew loved painting his toe nails and I was his only auntie that would help him :D Also bought him a doll and a sling for Christmas when he was 6 because that's what he wanted.

Good job and I'm glad he likes is pink booster.

Zabs

good for you mamma! I love that blog! I've run across it before. I sadly don't have any pink-prefering boys, but I would embrace it if I did. :thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

I didn't read the article, but she started a blog! I'll see if I can find it. I do worry someday he'll ask to wear girl clothes, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. For now, it's just accessories and stuff. He did ask for a pink yo gabba gabba shirt once and he got a sad look on his face and asked, "But this is a girl one right?" I said yes, but we'd look for a boy one and we did find one. I wouldn't let him get the girl one just because they don't make them long enough! I don't have a problem with him actually wanting to wear girl stuff, but I worry that he's too young to deal with all the poopy heads who say it's not cool for boys to wear pink. :thumbsdown:

Found the blog.

Hey, at least you sew! if he ever wants to wear skirts, you can make them boyish, like kilts (even if it is in pink)

honestly, I say if women can wear pants and stuff, why can't boys wear what they want?

REAL MEN WEAR PINK! (Jeffrey is counting months till he will inherit the polo that I can't even PAY Damian to wear because it has a pink stripe... Jeffrey loves it because he says it looks like an "Easter Egg Shirt")

Not that men who don't aren't real men... but you know what I mean.

I love it that you are encouraging him to be himself.

Heck, I was gonna dress my daughter in pants today for picture day, with her school sneakers and a pretty, but simple, top, to make it easy for her to stay clean till she got her picture, and put her hair in pig tails so it would be pretty but easy, but NO... she woke up saying she needed a DRESS... well, she has tons of skirts, but the only actual DRESS she has this year is her christmas one and another that is still too big... so I had to convince her that a skirt, her white dress blouse, and a knit orange top over it would be fine, with tights and her black dress shoes... then came the hair... oh, no... we had to BLOW DRY it because she wanted it down and her hair takes forever to dry if it's down... and I didnt' want her leaving in our cold (unusual for virginia) and to wear a headband (though her love of headbands, even when wearing a pony/pigtails is allowing us to grow out her bangs finally).

I just followed her lead...

She's so into looking JUST SO for pictures... and she's really into skirts, so I have to buy her more pairs of tights...

Jeffrey actually went to school in a full suit today for pictures... he last minute caved and wore his sneakers just because he didn't want to have to change shoes for gym (his dress shoes have a hard sole). He wanted his hair sprayed in place and combed just so.

but Damian only got as dressy as a black turtleneck, red fleece over it with the zipper open, nice jeans, and his hair combed.

I wanted Damian to be more dressy, but you know, at the end of the day, I know that as long as he looks nice enough for the photo, I've done my best.... and I prefer him to feel himself and comfortable... and I didn't have to make him tuck anything in this way!

You are such a great mom!

Shaunam

Pics!!!

You know, when you get it off the shelf and away from the other more attractive seats, it's not all that bad. ;)

pinkseat1.jpg

pinkseat2.jpg

Qarin

Hm. You're right... for some definition of "not all that bad" which means "really disgustingly pinkpinkpink"...

(he sure does rock that seat, though- I love the contrast of his orange hair with the pinkpinkpink!)

Kat_Momof3

I LOVE how happy and proud he looks in his new pink seat.

but I think the areas with princess stuff need to be covered with boy stuff... (prince even)... time for appliques!

Shaunam

I LOVE how happy and proud he looks in his new pink seat.

but I think the areas with princess stuff need to be covered with boy stuff... (prince even)... time for appliques!

It's not princess. ;) It's rainbows and music notes and boom boxes. LOL The patch behind his head says "Girls Rock" so that would be the ONE thing I would consider covering if it ever bothered him. Of course, he'd probably just pick a cute, fluffy kitten to cover it up. :ROTFLMAO:

3acorns4Christy

You are a great mom.

Joel adores pink as well, but the airplane booster has been screaming his name. He begs for it, but he's 3 so nope. I might go by there this weekend to see if it's onsale to keep around for next year. But I really wish they'd make the Nautilus with that cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC