Definietely outgrown the roundabout-aggh!

appleorchard

I measured my granddaughter today in her roundabout over her loud protests (she doesn't like me pushing her head back) and she is definitely only a little more than an inch from the top of the seat!
She's 25 months, 23 pounds and 32 inches. I figured on at least another year rear facing in this seat.
Oh, well--looks like she's getting the lilac marathon for Christmas! I'm not planning on turning her around for another year.

ADS

cookie123

A new seat is great! Though nothing can beat the RA, IMHO!! A True Fit or a Radian would last longer than the MA rf and ff. I secretly covet the Radian XTSL.

appleorchard

I love the MA covers--terrible reason to buy a seat, I know-- but I have to look at the seat every day! Do you really get that much more use out of a Radian or TF?

cookie123

Yes. I feel they do, but I suppose it depends on individual growth, of course.
Brett and Hannah outgrew the MA about age 4.5 for Brett, and more like 5 for Hannah. They both still fit in the Radian. Hannah turned 7 today:love:, and Brett is 5.5.

I agree the covers are cute on the MA. But, I didn't love lifting Brett up into the MA, bumping his head every time, etc after he was bigger. You could wait a week for him to climb up in there himself. His mom, my dd, calls him her 1 legged ostrich! And I hate the harness adjuster on the Ma. I can't really adjust it at all rf for Matthew. It pretty much stays where it is. Not that the Radian is much better, though. I do love the room the Radian does not take up. And you can get a longer crotch strap for it, which is nice. It can also be tethered rf, which is a plus, imo.

appleorchard

You're right about the higher booster on the MA and RA; even at this age I always have to be super careful not to whack her head on the car frame!
I haven't seen the Radian in "real life"; I'll have to check it out. I didn't care for the TF in person; liked the Air--can't remember the full name!- but didn't like the color choices.
Jessica isn't going to weigh 35 pounds until she's 4 or 5, so not too worried about the weight limits, just the height. And she's not tall at ALL--she's tiny! That's why I was so shocked to see her head way up there lol.
I told my daughter she was getting a new seat for Christmas and her face fell and she said, "I really wanted you to get her a trampoline!" Oh well!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC