Newborn in a TrueFit

BabyKaykes

It's doable right? With all the padding in it? And how much do I want the TFP over the regular TF? What are the bottom slots with the padding?

DS was 5.5lb at 38wks and well under the bottom slots in the SnugRide. I'm hoping I'm not forced into getting a Keyfit or other bucket this time...

ADS

armywife12

The True Fit will fit the average size newborn quite well but I'm not sure how well it will fit newborns under 7lbs. With all of the padding, I believe the bottom slots are around 8 inches or so but I'm not 100% with that. I would get the TFP if I were to get another True Fit. I love the antirebound feature and that it makes it easier to reach the front harness adjuster

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Laine was 7 pounds 12 ounces and fit great into the True Fit. She's got a huge torso, though. She's already got the infant padding out, or she would have had to go up to the second slot. She fits fantastically, though. The padding really cuddles babies. You can see her in my siggy. She was a day old in that picture. I should take a picture of her now without the padding.

A 5.5 pounder? Maybe not, unless all of the length is in the torso. I'd be worried about the shoulders being too narrow at that size. But give it a try because it does fit most newborns well. You may need to borrow a bucket for a few weeks, though.

Wendy

canadiangie

I'm looking forward to seeing your pics Wendy. :thumbsup:

Kaycee, I make small babies too, and would love to find a seat that could work for an under 6lb baby. If you go this route you'll have to post pics!!

p.s. congrats on the new bean, you so deserve this mama, and I'm praying that all goes well. :love:

babygirlsmom1005

My DS at 2+ months with the padding in it just came up to the bottom slots of his TFP, before that or newborn, he wouldn't have fit in it (I have tiny torso'd kids - he was 8 lbs at birth and 19.5 inches long). We used our Britax Companion before that and as a newborn, the night he was born, he just came to the bottom slots of the Companion.

BabyKaykes

You may need to borrow a bucket for a few weeks, though.

I know! But no one I trust with a car seat has a baby! My aunt is due in February, so she'll still be using hers. Although her twins will be getting new seats, so I may be able to snag one of her Titans if those slots are low enough.

p.s. congrats on the new bean, you so deserve this mama, and I'm praying that all goes well. :love:

Thank you, mama! So far so good. 8wks today and another ultrasound in 2wks. I'm letting myself be positive.

My DS at 2+ months with the padding in it just came up to the bottom slots of his TFP, before that or newborn, he wouldn't have fit in it (I have tiny torso'd kids - he was 8 lbs at birth and 19.5 inches long). We used our Britax Companion before that and as a newborn, the night he was born, he just came to the bottom slots of the Companion.

This is what I'm afraid of. I hardly went anywhere for 2mths because I didn't like the way DS fit in his seat. At 38wks he was full term, but he was also a *whopping* 17.5" long. Crossing my fingers for an average torso'd 7lb-er, lol!

Spam

I vote for the premiere over the regular :) Easier to reach harness adjuster, rebound feature, and I think the covers are nicer. And they had some new covers on display at the ABC Show. Such tiny babies, I would love to have a smaller baby next time.. like around 7lbs or so.. A was 8.10, (not huge, but big enough) but I think the only way I'd have smaller babies is to have twins :rolleyes:

AmandaR

We plan to use our TFP from birth (DS is due in 17 days).

But my 1.5 week early DD was 8lbs 8oz and 21 in long so I'm expecting a bigger newborn.

April

Just wanted to say congrats KayCee! I must've missed the announcement. June will be a great month to have a baby.:thumbsup:

BabyKaykes

Thanks ladies! I'm taking all the prayers I can get! I agree June will be great, but I'm not holding my breath. I've yet to get within 2wks of a due date.

Ok, another thought....if baby turns out to be on the smaller side, what about a Coccoro?

Jennifer mom to my 7

I was going to say you need a coccoro:whistle: I secretly want one. I think it is sooooo adorable! And unless you end up with a long torsoed kid, should last quite a while for you rf.

Oh, and the 2010 coccoros are supposed to be rated from 3 pounds:)

kjohnston

My son was barely 5 lbs when he finally came home from the hospital and the TrueFit fit him very well. The straps were right at his shoulders. It really does depend on the car and the kid though. Hope this helps.

cookie123

Congrats Kaycee! You must be SOOO happy. I'm wishing you have an uneventful pregnancy. Will you be on bedrest at some point? Oh, I vote for a Corocco if you are skipping the bucket.

BabyKaykes

Hi Peg! I'm hoping to avoid bedrest this time around, we'll see.

KQ - Oh really??? :rolleyes: I'm thinking about it. I CAN always go bigger later, right?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC