public school practices ERFing!!!

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I went on a field trip today with my class and the 3 year old class. When we sent in the bus request form, we had to designate who needed to ride in harnesses. There was some confusion because not all of the 3 year olds ride a bus so the teacher wasn't positive who to request a seat for. She ended up requesting a seat for anyone who rode the bus to and from school in a harness and additional seats for a boy who doesn't ride the bus but has cerebral palsy and would need a seat and for a little boy who is the size of a 1 year old. For the kids who weren't already in their records, they had to provide a height and weight to the dept. of transportation. The teacher wrote that the kid was 21 lbs. They could have put the kid in a star seat (I think, I haven't read that manual in a while) or gotten the kid a FFing carseat to install. But no, guess what they sent for the kid?

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

A SS1!!! :D Let me tell you though, you try to convince a 3 year old that he needs to ride in an infant seat. :p I was going to get pictures but I didn't want to look like too big of a nerd. I was already the only one who knew how to adjust the straps and put him in it safely. He fit amazingly though. He had probably 6-8 inches of growing room! I think he could fit for 2 or 3 more years! I mentioned that to another teacher and he gave us the evil eye as if to say, "I don't think so!"

ADS

courtfrog2

I'm :eek: at the thought of a 3 year old being only 21lbs. Does he have medical issues or just small? I wonder what he rides in with his parents? He's 3 so I'm hoping the parents don't have him in a booster.

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
I'm :eek: at the thought of a 3 year old being only 21lbs. Does he have medical issues or just small? I wonder what he rides in with his parents? He's 3 so I'm hoping the parents don't have him in a booster.

This kid is tiny. He looks like a walking 9 or 12 month old. His parents are tiny. His brother who is in first grade is probably 30 couple pounds himself. Both kids are completely proportionately tiny. Even their voices are tiny. :p

I have a feeling that his parents just throw him in the back seat. :(

thepote

That's a small 3yr old :eek: I would SO have my tiny (not THAT tiny, but 29lbs) 3yo in a SS1 if he still fit by height. It's one of my favorite seats for skinny kids, and I'd still love to be able to haul it around stores while he naps :love:

emandbri

Wow, that is really amazing! I am surprised the school had a safe seat 1. I know my district wouldn't get such high marks, I think all the kids are in cosco high backs and I would guess only a handful fit heightwise.

Mommy2Marcus

WOW! That is completely AWSOME! I am SO glad that they put him RF. I wish you had gotten a picture though. He sure sounds tiny.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC