Seat recommendations age/wt/ht incl.

LM4M

CPST Instructor
I have been ripping my car apart trying to get a good configuration in my car and at this point, I'm trying to figure out if there's a different combination of seats I can use because I am just getting frustrated trying to rearrange everything 20 times to get a good set-up. I just am not having good luck with getting good installs with some seats this week, and after getting some great help on here and getting better installs, now I'm not liking the setup.

I'd ideally like to have an open capt chair in 2nd row (and eventually will need one for the new baby come early June)... I have a 2004 Suburban. Third row bench (all seatbelts) and 2 capt chairs with latch. Can't have anything RF on back bench that reclines too far because capts chairs aren't on tracks on the floor, they dont move front to back.

I would like to use my three RNs in my saturn with a very slim backseat, but we dont ever have all three kids in that car, so two RNs in the saturn would leave my with one spare RN, 2 Regents, 2 MA's, 1 MyRide and I'm considering buying either a truefit or a nautilus, or possibly both :whistle: as I'd want one to pass to the new baby after the bucket seat sometime next winter, and at that point oldest DD would be 7.5 and possibly in a HBB.

Should there be any other seats to consider? I cannot fit a RN RF third row outboard, nor can I get a upright enough install for a MA RF third row outboard to get the capt chair to not interfere with the MA (making MA install crooked from capt chair headrest putting too much pressure on the third row MA).

Kids exact stats (just did it) are....

DD, age 6, 46" tall, 48lbs, 16.5" torso (seat to top of shoulders, against the wall, sitting criss-cross-applesauce as she calls it lol)

DD, age 3.75 (will be 4 in 3 weeks), 38.5" tall, 30 lbs, 14.25" torso, and 22" seat to top of head, sitting criss cross on the wall (for ERF purposes)

DS, age 3, 36" tall, 27 lbs, 13" torso, 20.75" seat to top of head

ADS

romanoma

From your OP I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting, or what it is you are not currently liking :confused:

So just to throw something out there and maybe you can clarify...

What about 4yo RF in captains chair in RN
6yo FF in regent right behind 4yo
3yo RF outboard in the MR behing open captains chair?
Or would the 3yo fit center next to the regent in a MA RF?

That way the 6yo can see and interact with both of them?

LM4M

CPST Instructor
From your OP I'm not exactly sure what you are wanting, or what it is you are not currently liking :confused:

So just to throw something out there and maybe you can clarify...

What about 4yo RF in captains chair in RN
6yo FF in regent right behind 4yo
3yo RF outboard in the MR behing open captains chair?
Or would the 3yo fit center next to the regent in a MA RF?

That way the 6yo can see and interact with both of them?

As of this point, I cannot fit a RN RFing anywhere in the suburban other than third row center seat because the detachable base makes it recline so far the seat in front makes it impossible to install.

I cannot get a RFing MA on third row behind either capt chair because of interference with seat in front. So MA could go third row center or either capt chair.

I guess what I really need is to find a high limit seat for RFing that has a pretty upright recline as opposed to the RN, needs to be slightly more upright than the MA... OR do I need a tech to install the MA if theres a trick im not getting to get it more upright??

I'm understanding the trufit sits pretty upright RFing?

I have to admit, I'm just getting frustrated and have been feeling so icky lately and I just just need someone to say "oh here's a good idea... do this instead".... if only for the sake of my sanity... I would be so grateful!! :D

It's just been one of those days. I'm fine with getting a new seat if need be, but I don;t have a clue what will work best in what position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC