We're getting a Frontier!

Mommy0608

DH approved. :love: When J outgrows the True Fit RF, she'll get a Frontier. I looooove how it installs in the van - very easy and rock solid with LBP!

Now I just have to decide which cover... Pink Sky or Rushmore. DH says Rushmore, so it can be passed to Tyler later. However, realistically, he'll hit 35lbs long before she's done with the Frontier in harness mode, so we'd need another seat for him anyway (I don't like how either the TF or Signo install FF in my vehicle). Hmmm. If only the Canadian Pink Sky cover was available in the US!! It's not, is it? I'm worried that she'd get the seat bottom filthy climbing in and out. She usually manages to stand in the seat before she sits down. :rolleyes:

ADS

Pixels

Wow. At first I was thinking, she has inches above her head still, she has lots of RFing time, there will probably be new seats out by then, it's a little early to pick which exact seat to get. Then I noticed she's only got 3 pounds left, max! When did that happen? :p

It's going to be weird for me to see her FFing in your siggy, I can't imagine how weird it will be for you IRL.

canadiangie

DH approved. :love: When J outgrows the True Fit RF, she'll get a Frontier. I looooove how it installs in the van - very easy and rock solid with LBP!

Now I just have to decide which cover... Pink Sky or Rushmore. DH says Rushmore, so it can be passed to Tyler later. However, realistically, he'll hit 35lbs long before she's done with the Frontier in harness mode, so we'd need another seat for him anyway (I don't like how either the TF or Signo install FF in my vehicle). Hmmm. If only the Canadian Pink Sky cover was available in the US!! It's not, is it? I'm worried that she'd get the seat bottom filthy climbing in and out. She usually manages to stand in the seat before she sits down. :rolleyes:

Ha! Never thought I'd see the day that any of you would be envious of the covers we have up here. :p

No advice on what to do though.. I'd probably get a 40lb rf seat, but I'm loco like that. ;)

Mommy0608

oh Yeah! :love: new seats! Can't wait to see pics!

Of course there will be pics. ;)

Yah, congrats! We love ours :love: We have the pink sky and its pretty but gets dirty easily.

That's what I'm afraid of. However, we are definitely getting pink. DH and I talked about it and decided to let her choose which cover she wants. As soon as she got a glimpse of the page with all the cover choices and even before I told her she was getting a seat, she VERY enthusiastically said, "I want the pink one please!!!" She even said PLEASE! She's never had a girly seat but has asked for one before, so now she can have her pink. ;)

Wow. At first I was thinking, she has inches above her head still, she has lots of RFing time, there will probably be new seats out by then, it's a little early to pick which exact seat to get. Then I noticed she's only got 3 pounds left, max! When did that happen? :p

It's going to be weird for me to see her FFing in your siggy, I can't imagine how weird it will be for you IRL.

Um, yeah... she gained 5lbs in the last few months. :eek::( NO idea how that happened. I truly thought we'd be making it to 4 years RF.

:love: i can't wait to see PICS! it will be weird to see her FF tho.

Yes, I'm not looking forward to turning her. :(

Ha! Never thought I'd see the day that any of you would be envious of the covers we have up here. :p

No advice on what to do though.. I'd probably get a 40lb rf seat, but I'm loco like that. ;)

Haha, yes, I'm definitely envious of this! I reeeeally want that cover. As for the 40lb seats, I tried actually. Radian is too short, she almost certainly won't make it to 40lbs before outgrowing it by height (yes, it's true! Bookmama witnessed it.) Plus it's more difficult to install for others (DH, grandparents, etc.) Bought and returned the Complete Air, won't work for a number of reasons. Of course the My Ride is too short as well, she's already outgrown that.

I know the Frontier can be difficult to install too, but actually in my van it was much easier than the Radian.

If she were only 1 or 2, then I'd find a way to make something work to keep her RF. However, with the current options on the market, and given her age, DH and I have made the mutual decision to go with a forward-facing seat.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Radian is too short, she almost certainly won't make it to 40lbs before outgrowing it by height (yes, it's true! Bookmama witnessed it.)

Yep, surprisingly true!

As far as the new style cover - I'd wait another pound or two, until you absolutely need the seat (seriously, you should be able to get it within a week of ordering) in the hopes that the new cover will be released. If you had to turn her FF before the Frontier arrived, you could always use one of your other seats FF in a pinch.

Of course, now that you've shown it to her and she knows she's getting a pink seat, you might need to order it tonight ... with overnight shipping! :p

LM4M

CPST Instructor
Never really looked at the Frontier before... just checked it out and I like it alot!!

Definitely go with the pink, how can a girl go wrong there?? :love:

I was wondering, with a 9 year expiration on the seat, does that mean as a HBB, not using any harness, can you use it past the expiration or not?

I had to chuckle reading the specs online... the cupholders are "perfect size for soda cans". :rolleyes:

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I was wondering, with a 9 year expiration on the seat, does that mean as a HBB, not using any harness, can you use it past the expiration or not?

The expiration for the entire seat - harnessed mode included - is 9 years. So you can use the harness for the full 9 years, but you must stop using the seat altogether when it hits 9 years from the date of manufacture.

Mommy0608

Yep, surprisingly true!

As far as the new style cover - I'd wait another pound or two, until you absolutely need the seat (seriously, you should be able to get it within a week of ordering) in the hopes that the new cover will be released. If you had to turn her FF before the Frontier arrived, you could always use one of your other seats FF in a pinch.

Of course, now that you've shown it to her and she knows she's getting a pink seat, you might need to order it tonight ... with overnight shipping! :p

I am ordering tonight actually, but not for her sake. ;) I'm afraid of losing the sale price. I'm going to wait for her to gain one more pound then we'll make the switch. I even bought a nice scale to keep tabs on her weight (and no I'm not giving her a complex, she has no idea what it means - she just likes to see what numbers show up!) Do you know something I don't about the new cover being released?? I'm guessing not. With my luck (especially lately), the new cover will be released tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Oh, and I told her that it's coming in the mail and it will take some time before it's here. Of course, it'll be here sooner than she will be allowed to use the seat, so we'll have to hide it for a little while. :p I'm sure she'll ask daily for her new seat though. Poor girl was SOOOOO upset when her True Fit came (the first one, not the replacement) because she had seen the picture of the Monet cover online. I felt so bad for her.

Never really looked at the Frontier before... just checked it out and I like it alot!!

Definitely go with the pink, how can a girl go wrong there?? :love:

I had to chuckle reading the specs online... the cupholders are "perfect size for soda cans". :rolleyes:

No, the whole seat expires 9 years from the date of manufacture - harness and booster. I hadn't seen that comment about the cupholders... lovely!

BigDaddy

Congrats. I love DD1's Frontier. Even with a Marathon, Complete Air and Regent to choose from, I'm still considering buying another Frontier for DD2.

BigDaddy

Where might that be?? :whistle:
That price is only for the Pink Sky. It is for new customers of diapers.com (or existing customers that create a new account and ship it to another address :whistle:) You call Diapers.com (1-800-DIAPERS) and tell them that you want them to price match the price at Amazon.com. (If you don't have an account, create one before you call) Amazon has the Pink Sky Frontier for $207.99. The Diapers.com rep will add a coupon to your account for $21.50. Hang up. Go to diapers.com and add the Frontier to your cart. The price will reflect the coupon that the rep added, and will show as $207.99. Enter promo code "10percent" to take 10% ($20.80) off. The price is now $187.19. If you need diapers add those to the cart. (If you don't need diapers add these, and click the box to take $1 off) The cart now shows 187.19 for the seat, and $5.49 for the diapers. Total $192.68. Now use a referral code to take off $10, you can find them anywhere. Mine is "BigDaddy", but anyone's will work.

The total price in the cart is now $182.68 for the seat and the diapers. They will immediately ship for free and you will get your order in a couple days.

arly1983

Congrats. I love DD1's Frontier. Even with a Marathon, Complete Air and Regent to choose from, I'm still considering buying another Frontier for DD2.

LOL, your collection is growing. :D

OP, I love my two frontiers! (Well, except for the blasted mesh)

jujumum

It's this forum's fault... you guys taught me that it is okay to buy car seats that you don't need. :D

Yeah, my DH told me that if I would just stop visiting this site, I wouldn't keep feeling the need to buy new seats.:whistle:

OP, awesome!! The Pink Sky is our next new seat. I'm pretty sure it will be a solid install in our van, too.

If you get it now, the mesh isn't so great, but if you wait for a new cover, the price might be up to $279. I'd rather have the mesh at the lower price, too.

I was going to get a FN this month, but couldn't resist a clearance GN. I'll be getting mine in about 6 months or so when dd moves out of one of her bvs. I can't wait to see pics!!

LM4M

CPST Instructor
That price is only for the Pink Sky. It is for new customers of diapers.com (or existing customers that create a new account and ship it to another address :whistle:) You call Diapers.com (1-800-DIAPERS) and tell them that you want them to price match the price at Amazon.com. (If you don't have an account, create one before you call) Amazon has the Pink Sky Frontier for $207.99. The Diapers.com rep will add a coupon to your account for $21.50. Hang up. Go to diapers.com and add the Frontier to your cart. The price will reflect the coupon that the rep added, and will show as $207.99. Enter promo code "10percent" to take 10% ($20.80) off. The price is now $187.19. If you need diapers add those to the cart. (If you don't need diapers add these, and click the box to take $1 off) The cart now shows 187.19 for the seat, and $5.49 for the diapers. Total $192.68. Now use a referral code to take off $10, you can find them anywhere. Mine is "BigDaddy", but anyone's will work.

The total price in the cart is now $182.68 for the seat and the diapers. They will immediately ship for free and you will get your order in a couple days.

You are my new best friend :love:

NannyMom

It's this forum's fault... you guys taught me that it is okay to buy car seats that you don't need. :D

Yes, this forum did it to me too. When I came here, I owned 1 infant seat, and 3 convertibles. Now, I own 15ish seats (and that's gotten smaller in the past few months). :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC