Buy a new seat or not... That IS the question.

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
So yesterday I took my not-so little guy to the doc for his 18 month check-up. He weighed in at 29 pounds (clothed) and was 35 inches tall, so above the 97th %tile for height and between 75th and 90th for weight. That's been his trend since birth. His seated shoulder height is about 13 inches. Currently he is RFing in a Marathon in both a '99 Infinity QX4 (Nissan Pathfinder) and a 2001 Nissan Altima.

If you could buy any seat for him what would it be?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd do a Radian of some sort.

But unless he's outgrowing the Marathon or you need to pass on the seat, I'd wait. Even six months more may bring new seats.

Wendy

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
I just have an itch to get a new seat. How much taller/more room will we have in the Radian? The only store that carries it around here is a good 30-45 minutes in a direction I rarely go.

NannyMom

The Radian will give him a few inches more height, and the Radian 80SL and XTSL will give him up to 10 more pounds RF. They can go up to 45 pounds RF.

ETA: I agree on waiting, because so many new seats have been coming out lately. But of course, the itch to buy more is hard to put off :)

all together ooky

OH the itch! It must be contagious because I have it too. But, I'm going to wait. Our Marathon doesn't expire until next summer so I'm hoping something cool will come out by then. Waiting is so hard.

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
OK, OK you guys talked me down for now anyway. I think I'll try to wait it out at least until he is closer to the limits of the MA. It just hit me after the doctor's visit that my little guy is going to be too tall to RF as long as I would like. (Which is kind of freaking me out.) If the itch does get me I'll order the Radian.

NannyMom

Yikes. I just re read your OP and he is the same size as my 36 month old daughter (same weight, he is 1 inch shorter). :eek:

lil.miss32

So yesterday I took my not-so little guy to the doc for his 18 month check-up. He weighed in at 29 pounds (clothed) and was 35 inches tall, so above the 97th %tile for height and between 75th and 90th for weight. That's been his trend since birth. His seated shoulder height is about 13 inches.

I feel your pain. Lol. My 15 month old is 28lbs, 33 1/2 inches tall.

romanoma

Yeah, my 11 (almost 12) mo nephew is over 29lbs already!! Glad he is in a MR, and I get to buy him a radian XTSL :D

So if you had to buy today, and could afford it, I'd get the radian XTSL. Man, wouldn't it be cool if there were other 45lb RF seats within the next 6 mo!

libranbutterfly

If you need to do a test install of a radian in your cars, I can bring one along if we ever meet up :) I dont have a new style base yet though.

molly&elle

I too have an itch to buy! Our roundabout for our 7 month old that will expire in exactly one year and I soooo want to buy a radian. But figure I should see what comes out next year. See the new technology!! so hard! I just bought a new marathon for her for my car but I want a radian!!!

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
If you need to do a test install of a radian in your cars, I can bring one along if we ever meet up :) I dont have a new style base yet though.

Thanks! That would be great. We really do need to meet up soon. (And that would save me a drive all the way out to Fairfield just to try the Radian too.) We have been out of town or had out of town guests at our house every weekend since Labor day! One more out of town wedding this weekend then we have open weekends again. Let me know when you are avaliable :).

libranbutterfly

I'm almost always available weekends :)
Fair warning, my girls (especially the oldest) are baby-crazy right now, so she will be all over your little one playing with him

aaminnky

Senior Community Member
I'm almost always available weekends :)
Fair warning, my girls (especially the oldest) are baby-crazy right now, so she will be all over your little one playing with him

Sounds good. Send me a PM so we can get something set up. No worries, my little one loves playing with 'big' kids!

Madeline410

I have the itch, too for my 36" 22 month old. She's only like 25 pounds, but tall and has NO leg room in her Blvd.. I'm determined to get a Radian RF in my car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC