My long skinny boy actually outgrew a RF seat by weight before height!

mkmama

I didnt think it was possible LOL. This morning when I put the boys in the car, I had DS1 (4.5 years) sit down in DS2's True Fit to see if he still had enough shell above his head that we could use it FF for him in a pinch if needed. To my surprise, not only did he have enough shell above his head, but his shoulders were JUST over the 3rd harness slot (its installed RF for DS2 right now), meaning that if he wasn't too heavy he could still RF in the TF! He was upset that he was too heavy (weighs 41 lbs) to RF...he wanted to face backwards like little brother!

I would have never in a million years guessed that he'd outgrow a seat by weight before height...he's always been up over at least the 80% for height -- but then again, he does have longish legs, so that's probably part of it.

So, anyone with skinny minnies looking to get a lot of time RF, dont be afraid to try the TF!!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I think right now the True Fit is the leader of the pack...there was a thread a few weeks ago and no kids had outgrown it by height RF. For sure my own kid had a good 4-6 inches over her head when she turned 35 pounds at just over 3.5! :)
The Complete Air is a little taller and goes to 40 pounds, but overall the 35 pound limit on the TF is fine for most kids.

Mommy0608

The Complete Air is 1" taller.

My DD is 1% on the height to weight ratio chart - she's super tall and thin. She'll be outgrowing the TF by weight in the next couple of months, if not sooner, with a few inches of growing room left above her head. Amazing!

yep Fiona was set to out grow it by weight first too, she is 33 lbs and 41 inches tall.

I think she is just ffind in everything now for the most part, she never wants to ride rfing anymore:( but she is almost 4 so I am comfortable with that safety wise for her... It just killed me today when I took her frontier out cause it is filthy and installed the radian in its place and she asked me to do it ffing, and I did, even though I know she has plenty of rear facing room both height and weight wise in it.. augh mom guilt sucks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC