True Fit on a plane, can't be rear-facing?

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Did I miss something? I tried searching and only saw Techno's review that it didn't fit well rf-ing on the aircraft she was on. But someone on another board said it cannot be rear-facing EVER. What's the deal?

ADS

TheNimpsGirl

Hmm, all that it says in the manual on page 33 is "Follow the seat belt installation for use in an aircraft. Consult your airline for requirements to use this restraint." I don't remember reading anything else any where else in the manual either that said it can't be RFing.

ETA: So I called the company and spoke to a CS rep. I had another question about the seat anyways so I asked about the no-RFing on a plane. She said she had never heard that and that she had no information saying that. She said that all her stuff just says that it's FAA certified and to defer to the airline company for any specific questions about how to use seats on their planes.

InternationalMama

Did I miss something? I tried searching and only saw Techno's review that it didn't fit well rf-ing on the aircraft she was on. But someone on another board said it cannot be rear-facing EVER. What's the deal?

Maybe that person just had a bad experience. Sometimes flight attendants won't allow convertibles to RF on the plane because they misunderstand the policy.

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Awesome, thanks for the info! I questioned the poster saying I'd never heard that info and asking where she got it from. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

::er!ca::

Awesome, thanks for the info! I questioned the poster saying I'd never heard that info and asking where she got it from. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

;) multi-tasking and meant to put the Radian due to lack of space. Was not implying that it wasn't allowed, just because of the lack of space required to rf the seat.

That's what one gets for having multiple pages open and helping someone wtih their TF install all day. TF was on the brain :p and lack of sleep!

Corrected.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC