DC Exchange - has anyone done it?

cso1997

I have finally had it with my Decathlon. The harness adjuster requires super human strength to tighten it properly. I have another DC that is a post recall seat and two MA's and they are all fine. I called Britax and they told me that I could exchange the seat for a BV, MA, or DC for $125. The CS rep was very short and pretty rude about it. She insisted that it had to be an install issue or operator error. Yep, I am a moron when it comes to this one DC but I can easily work with my other DC and MA's. :whistle:

What would you do? Is there any way to convince them to let me exchange for a Frontier? Anyone been through this already?

ETA: The more I think about it, the more it upsets me that Britax is so rude after the warranty is up. Why have a six year life span if you are only going to give a care for the first year? I had trouble with my stove after 6 years and GE was SO INCREDIBLY nice about it. I cannot stand CS reps that are so standoffish. If they help me out, will Britax take the money right out of the CS reps pocket? Geez...

Last edited:
ADS

jujumum

My rep was nice and friendly when I called about the DC and offered to send me replacement lock offs, adjuster and spring for free because I was a good customer. She was obviously trying to avoid me bringing up a replacement seat.;)

We installed the replacement parts, but don't notice that much of a difference with that darn adjuster button. Perhaps you can get them to send you the part, and if that doesn't work then you could make the case for a replacement FN.

cso1997

Several months ago, the button stopped working. I pushed with all my might and the harness would not loosen. After trying a few more time, the button popped right out of the hole. I called Britax and they sent me a new button. While waiting for the button, I put the old button back in the hole to see if the harness would loosen. Well, wouldn't you know it, the button won't come back out. I have the new button sitting here waiting. However, the harness adjuster did start working again with the old button. This seat has been a nightmare.

After the not so friendly exchange that I had with Britax today, I would say that I am just going to buy a new seat and cut my losses. Very sad though...time to move on to another brand.

Niea

My DC wasn't so great either. I hated it and right when I was FINALLY getting ready to call and raise a stink, I was in an accident and the seat had to be destroyed. So I used the insurance money to buy a True Fit instead. But, I doubt you want to be "lucky" like that.

How old is your seat? If it's a few years old, getting a brand-new seat for $125 isn't a bad deal. I'm betting that they won't want to apply the discount to a Frontier because it's a different class of seat and to avoid scammers, they want to replace like with like. If you pester them enough, they might just do it thought.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC