Safety 1st Air protect

strangeangel24

There has been allot of hyoe about this seat and I really like it.

Has anyone made the switch and really liked it?
I currently have the my ride 65 and I kinda wanted to switch the air protect because of the head side impact protection.

Anyway could everyone let me know what they think. Thank you.

ADS

DahliaRW

I have it and really like it. It can be a bit tricky to install, but I find the first install with any seat to take some time. You probably will need a pool noodle to get a good rfing install.

Austins-mama

we won one in the safety 1st facebook competition and I REALLY want to like it - I really do - but I don't love it.

For me it was a PITA to install RFing - the cover doesn't move to allow easy access to the belt path. You can forget about trying to use the locking clip - it was just about impossible to install in FIL truck RFing no latch and no switchable seatbelts. I had to take the belt all the way out of the belt path to get the locking clip on.

I didn't have as much difficulty getting it into my car - using latch - it was a bit tricky getting the angle correct but not nearly as bad as trying to get it in fil truck.

You def want a couple pool noodles and some one to help you install it.

It was easy to install FF though

my other issue is the harness leave marks on DS neck if I don't remember to pull his t-shirt up.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I like it a lot, I don't love it completely but there's a lot to like about it. Install is rather difficult. Adjustment is easy. Colors are nice. Straps could be better. You get the picture. I only paid $200 for mine and I think it was worth maybe most of that. If it was priced the same as the True Fit I think it would sell a lot better.

Madeline410

I have one.. it took me awhile to like it, but I do. It was tricky to install at first, but now I have it down and it just takes a minute. The cover is a PITB, but I deal. I just pull it off on the one side and once the seat's installed I tuck the cover down as much as I can. The high price is worth it to me, because it's my only option to keep DS RF right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC