Coccoro or Radian - install comparison for Subaru

autumnlily

For a little girl with the following stats:

height: 29 1/2 inches
weight: under 20 lbs
Vehicles: 2002 Subaru Outback and 2008 4-Door Jeep Wrangler

How is the install of each seat in a 2002 Subaru CENTER POSITION.

I know the pro's and con's of the ERF ability of the Radian vs the niche seat of the CCO.

If one has experience with a seat that is VERY compatible with a 2002 Outback (LATCH compatible for outboard positions) and could easily get this little girl RF until 2 years of age... I would love to hear about it.

ADS

Raegansmom4

I'm not certain, but I believe I've heard of people really having trouble getting the Radian in an Outback. Hopefully someone w/ that experience can jump in here and verify. Have you also looked at the True Fit? The Graco MyRide also installs well without taking up too much space (less than my Marathon did rear-facing).

InternationalMama

Doesn't your siggy say that you own both of these seats? Couldn't you just try them out? Nothing like a hands on comparison!

Or maybe these aren't your vehicles?

autumnlily

Yep, I own both - but the mom I'm trying to help out lives 500 miles away :eek:

I'm familiar with these seats - that's why it's easier to recommend them... I just don't know how the install is and both seats can be tricky :whistle:

The MyRide is a good suggestion.. I didn't realize it had a smaller base. I need to check out how much front to back space it takes. Mom is short and will need to be able to have some viewing access behind her. Thoughts?

Thanks again!

InternationalMama

Yep, I own both - but the mom I'm trying to help out lives 500 miles away :eek:

:thumbsup:

I like the suggestion of the My Ride. I would really like to get one if my son were shorter. I bet it would be a true ERF seat for such a peanut. The Bartlett cover is on sale at Target right now for $120. If she lives near a Target she could buy it online and return it in store if it doesn't work.

I think I read a thread once where people were debating whether you could put a Radian in a Subaru Outback. The consensus was that you can, but it's a bit tricky. Since it doesn't sound from her DDs stats that she'll need a seat shell as tall as the Radian, especially if she only wants to ERF until 2, I would suggest trying something like the My Ride that is easier to install. (It's supposed to be pretty reclined FF too so if she does plan to turn her at 2 that might be a better choice than the Radian, which is pretty upright FF.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC