If you could get any seat

monica

I got lots of gift cards towards the purchase of a convertible car seat, so basically no money out of pocket. What would you get if money wasn't an issue?

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
If I could get any seat, I would get a Radian XTSL. I love the 45 pound rear-facing weight limit & the height of the shell (I think most kids could get to 3 or 4 or maybe even 5+ years rear-facing in this seat), I love the headwings, and the ability to rear-face tether. I also think that its harness height for forward-facing is tall enough that most kids should be able to last in it until they are ready for a booster.

Of course, Radians can be tricky to install in some vehicles and are known for taking up a lot of room front-to-back. There are lots of other good seats on the market as well that might be a better seat for you. I agree with canadiangie that if you post some more info, the members here can give you good suggestions for your particular situation.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Assuming no incompatibilities, XTSL.

(I'm about to buy one... Or eventually probably two...)

Anne

If it worked in my car, a Radian XTSL

Since I know Radian's do not install well in my car, probably a True Fit Premiere. Or maybe a Britax Boulevard.

monstah

Depends on the age / weight / height of the child and the vehicle it will be in.

If it installed well, and front seat passengers could fit comfortably, a Radian would be my first pick.

emandbri

Radian XTSL in floral. For me it is a no question, it is safest to keep kids rear-facing as long as possible and this seat goes rear-facing the longest.

myliljunebugs

I would (and AM! :D) getting a Flora XT SL for my DD to RF her in my sonata, according the Successful Radian Install thread it fits. HTH!

ceruti82

ditto to PP! i am getting the RN XTSL in Flora as well :love:! I have a Tacoma double cab (real size back seats!) and i test installed a radian before buying~ jsut to make sure it fits ~ it fits very well ! ~ DD is no longer in need of a 45* recline~ i'm sure that helped a bit, as with many vehicles tho..

lil.miss32

I HAVE the Radian XTSL and LOOOOOOOOVE it!!!
Money being honestly no issue, and if it were legal to use, a Britax Multi Tech... Lol... But seriously, XTSL. I'll be buying another one...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC