Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Cara Varela

Flying with 2 carseats..

Next month I am flying for the first time with a 4yo (uses a Graco Nautilus) and a 3yo (uses a Graco Comfortsport). I am planning to buy the 3yo a Nautilus before the trip, since I've read the Nautilus is approved for planes. However, I don't see such a sticker on my son's Nautilus. How do I show the people at the airport that it can be used, or am I just missing the sticker??? Thanks for the help.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: Flying with 2 carseats..

It's approved only in harness mode.

Be sure to take your manual along, if you can't find the sticker. If it's missing or has dropped off, contact the company and they'll send you a new one. I've done that. I think you still have time.

http://www.kyledavidmiller.org/pages...o_Nautilus.htm

Here's their site (good luck!):
    http://www.gracobaby.com/Search%20Re...earch=Nautilus
    Former Flight Attendant, 13 years, 2 companies in 5 countries
    3 trilingual, international travelers with two nationalities
    http://flyingwithchildren1.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cara Varela View Post
    Next month I am flying for the first time with a 4yo (uses a Graco Nautilus) and a 3yo (uses a Graco Comfortsport). I am planning to buy the 3yo a Nautilus before the trip, since I've read the Nautilus is approved for planes. However, I don't see such a sticker on my son's Nautilus. How do I show the people at the airport that it can be used, or am I just missing the sticker??? Thanks for the help.
    I just flew with a GN last weekend, they asked if it was FAA Aproved but didn't ask to see a sticker.. That things is HEAVY! If i were you and the comfortsport still works/fits your younger child i'd take that for the trip with the 1 Nautlius.. I also did something simiar to this:

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=90321

only i just used a 2 pack of welding rings and a load-bearing carribeaner i already had, my ds sat in it the whole way though the airports (He is 3 and 36 ish pounds)

Good luck flying! my son actually loved it!

ETA: I wanted to add that if i had a light weight seat that fit my son (Such as a comfort sport) I totally would have used it instead of the Marathon or the GN (They are both so heavy and cumbersome!)
    Last edited by Ducky5306; 10-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    -Jaclyn, Mama to Lucas Wyatt 5-3-06 Riding in a FR85 and waiting for Amelia

The ComfortSport is FAA approved. The sticker is on the bottom of the seat, at least it is on mine. I flew with it not too long ago, and I think it makes a great travel seat.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three