seat for 2002 Subaru Outback

autumnlily

I am unfamiliar with these two cars and am helping a friend find a primary seat for the 2002 Subaru but the seat might go in the Jeep on occasion or she might be willing to buy a "back up" seat for the Jeep.

height: 29 1/2 inches
weight: under 20 lbs
Vehicles: 2002 Subaru Outback and 2008 4-Door Jeep Wrangler

Mom has talked about RF until 2 years of age - and is open to the idea of ERF beyond that... she just learned about the benefits and the idea is new to her.

I've told her to avoid the 3 in 1 seats because purchasing a dedicated booster years from now will be safer and cheaper. She is completely on board with that idea.

I'd like to offer a low to high price list for her. I've heard the Outback can be challenging to install in the center and I'm not sure if she has LATCH.

Let's have fun with this! Thanks

ADS

autumnlily

Ideas I have... but I need to know the ease of installation in a 2002 Outback:

Coccoro - this is a tiny kid who could easily RF until 2 years or even 3 years (my DD is bigger than hers and fit until 3.75 years RF)

Radian - I'm horrible at seatbelt install with this seat... how is it in an Outback, does she have to twist the belt stalk?

I can easily recommend Britax (Roundabout, RA 50 and MA)... but again, how is the center seat install?

Other thoughts I have had: Scencera, My Ride, True Fit, EFTA - can someone please help with the pros/cons of installing with seatbelt, center of an Outback. Thanks!!!

DahliaRW

I had a 2001 outback.

I could get the radian in the center, but it took over an hour to get it in there tight enough and was a real pain. I wouldn't recommend it.

My Britax MA was super easy to install in the middle as was my old evenflo triumph.

Hope that helps!

leighi123

In my outback I had a truefit rf in the center - had to twist the buckle stalk but got a good intall (its a lap belt only in the center)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC