Double help!

Lara

Ok, my friend needs a double stroller for her dd and new baby (that isn't born yet lol).

Her dd will be 3 when the baby is born, but still LOVES the stroller. She is short, so handle height is never an issue. She definatly does NOT want a tandem. Oh and under $200 would be GREAT!

I'm thinking the inglesina twin swift ($179 at albee baby I think). We saw someone with it when we were out last week and she loved it. Do ya'll think that would be a good one for her?

ADS

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
I had an Inglesina TwinSwift... It wasn't bad for the price. It pushed nicely, not as "tight" as a Maclaren, but WAaaaaay better than the low end stuff. My kids weren't squished into the seats, and the fabric was ok. I removed the hoods because I was using it indoors only, but they seemed ok for a lightweight stroller.

It was definately better than the Chicco SBS lightweight doubles I tried...

I did sell it though when I stumbled upon a cheap used Maclaren double again however.

Lara

Thanks!

We ended up going to usa baby today and she fell in LOVE with the phil and teds e3 lol. Waaaay more than she wants to pay, but I have a gut feeling that she will end up with it. I'm happy with that.... I fell in love with it too!

drjanetm

The E3 is great in her situation (the older child being of walking age) as it can be used as a double OR single. I still usually put the double seat on the back of mine and use it to hold shopping, and it's there in case DD1 gets lazy. Yes it's exy, and has its little niggly faults, but it has served me VERY well, and is about to again.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I asked about the P&T E3 a few weeks ago when I was trying to help find a double stroller for children who will be 32-33 months apart. This is one of the responses I got:
I would not recommend the e3 for kids 32-33 months apart. I had it for my kids, 24 months apart. At first it was a great single with extra storage in the form of an extra seat because my newborn had no desire to ride in any stroller - he wanted to be in the sling or carried, only. There was a period of time that it was an excellent fit for us - great for aquarium, zoo, festival trips until my oldest wanted/needed to get in and out more - and then we had issues. DS1 was too big to sit in the back jump seat and if he got out of the front seat it would make the stroller tippy for DS2 who was still in the back seat. So it worked great for 8-9 months and then it sat in my garage for a year until I sold it last month. I loved it - it is an excellent stroller but was over priced for a single and for US the usefulness was limited.

It sounds like the E3 is not always a good option for children who are 3 years apart. :( Maybe it will work for your situation, though.

Lara

That is wierd about the tippiness. When her dd sat in the back seat with nothing in the front it didn't tip at ALL. Her dd is about 29 lbs (and gains weight verrry slowly, so we aren't worried about her hitting that 33 lbs any time in the next year or so lol)

Oh and if she gets it, she is going to get the panier bags. I'm sure she will load them up with all kinds of junk and that will weight down the front of the stroller and help any tipping lol.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
That is wierd about the tippiness. When her dd sat in the back seat with nothing in the front it didn't tip at ALL. Her dd is about 29 lbs (and gains weight verrry slowly, so we aren't worried about her hitting that 33 lbs any time in the next year or so lol)

Oh and if she gets it, she is going to get the panier bags. I'm sure she will load them up with all kinds of junk and that will weight down the front of the stroller and help any tipping lol.

I LOVE my E3V2. I've had this stroller for almost 3 years and it is fantastic. I have used it in every mode. My kids are 3 years and 1 month apart and it is the best double stroller ever.

I have the pannier bags but they are not usually loaded down at all. Aiden was 30lbs when I started using the stroller in toddler/toddler mode and it never tipped on me... even though I had the 15lb baby in the front seat and my 30lb older child rode in the jump seat in the back. He thought it was cooler in the back seat and if the baby fell asleep I could recline the front seat a little and Aiden could either stay in the jump seat or get out and walk.

When I first had Mikkel, I would put his infant carrier into the newborn bassinet and Aiden (3 yrs old at the time) would sit up front in the jump seat. We had a snugride and it slipped right into the bassinet for quick trips into the store... instant double travel system.

The other thing I loved about this stroller... when Mikkel was born he would go in the bassinet mode and Aiden would be in the front jump seat and no one would know I had a baby in there. He was able to sleep so peacefully and no strangers where putting their faces in my babies space to see and touch him.

Now, Aiden (4.8yrs, 35lbs, 43inches) still rides comfortably in the front seat and Mikkel (22 mo, 25lbs, 33inches) rides in the jump seat. Granted we only take this stroller out with us when we are going to all day events where I know Aiden won't walk all day. Otherwise my favourite single is my Peg Perego Pramette P3.

The only drawback is that you WILL get stopped by people who want to know where you got such a COOL stroller. If you have any questions, just ask. This is truly the perfect double for us.

Jen

southpawboston

we just bought a maclaren twin triumph for $225... were able to get it from a local independent children's store near us that we like to support... and they are an authorized maclaren dealer (maclaren is fussy about honoring their warranty when bought from a non-authorized dealer). our BIGGEST criterion was being lightweight; the twin triumph is only 21.6 lbs.

Lara

Jen, Thanks!

They have started saving for it! She took her dh to usa baby to play with it and he totally fell in love lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC