Should I get rid of my big Chicco stroller?

NannyMom

A year or 2 ago I sold my Graco Literider and bought a Chicco Cortina. At the time, I mostly loved it :love: It seemed a bit long, but it was so easy to use and Sofi's head didn't hit the tray when we went over bumps (that's why I sold the 3pt harness Literider). It had a huge basket that fit the big diaper bag and everything :)

Next I bought an Evenflo umbrella stroller. I loved that. It had cup holders for me and a "stuff" holder too (keys, phone, etc). It was much easier to use than the Cortina.

Then BabyS came along and I bought a Snugrider. It was great for her SS1. I also have my own SS1 for my next baby (whenever that may be).

Then BabyS was getting too big for me to always carry in the SS1. I stopped using the SnugRider and started using the Cortina. I've been thinking it's so big in my trunk, and so heavy to lift in and out of the van. But I still loved the big basket, parent tray and child tray. BabyS can't use the Evenflo umbrella stroller because it's a 3pt and she leans forward, looks like she's trying to fall out :rolleyes:

So, I bought a Graco Mosaic on swap :) It's smaller than the Cortina. It has a 5pt harness if I need for BabyS, but she does well since it has a bar in front of her. It can also hold the SS1, so I wonder if this is the only stroller I need :whistle: It has a small basket, but the diaper bag (backpack) goes on the handles and other small stuff in the basket.

I now have 3 strollers sitting in my hall closet (storage area). Should I sell the Cortina? Should I sell the Snugrider (I bought it at a consignment shop, so I could even recoup the entire cost)? If I sell, it'll be on CL ;)

Is it better to keep the Cortina for places like farms (in the fall), boardwalk at the beach, state fair? Or will the Mosaic work just as well there? I plan to go to the farm this week, while NannyFamily is away on vacation, so I won't be testing out the Mosaic there with BabyS.

ADS

lovinwaves

Is it better to keep the Cortina for places like farms (in the fall), boardwalk at the beach, state fair?

I personally use an air tire stroller for excursions like that. At the very least, a stroller with larger plastic wheels that have the ability to lock.

ErinGoBragh

I hated the Mosaic on the boardwalk. It was the main reason that I bought a new stroller. It made for a very bumpy ride, at least on the Pt Pleasant boardwalk in NJ.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC