What to do.

nevaehsmommy

So LC is sending me a new seat in the mail. I have to send the old one back. But now I am thinking of selling the new seat to get a FFing only seat.

Should I just keep the true fit? If not what is a good FFing only seat? All I can think of is the Nauti. I am not sold on harnessing to 65 pounds only bc that would make her like 8 years old if you go by my weight when I was little but I would like to keep her harnessed AT LEAST until 5 years old. She is now 34 or 35 pounds and 37 inches tall.

Not sure of shoulder height except to say that she is offically to tall for the scenera based on shoulder height.

ADS

armywife12

I've heard the True Fit makes a pretty good forward facing seat and it will harness most children to at least 6 yrs old so, aside from personal preference, there really isn't a need for the Nautilus if you don't mind purchasing a booster after the True Fit is outgrown. It will get most children harnessed to proper boostering age. We have the True Fit and we bought the Frontier to forward face Caleb in since he is almost 35lbs. We only did because I'm obsessed with buying seats but I didn't have to because I know the True Fit would have gotten Caleb to boostering age

cookie123

I like big kids in big kid looking seats, myself. A convertible is for rear facing! And then I like to buy a booster. I like to buy seats though! You can sell them as you don't need them any more.

If you're not interested in the car seat obsessed persons plan, I'd get a Radian and rear face to 40 lbs, then foward face in it until it's outgrown, then get a booster. I like the Radian. It's got it's issues, but every seat does. If it works for you, it's a great seat and I like the low profile of it (easy for kids to get in themselves) as well as that it's not this giant carseat that takes up the whole car.

nevaehsmommy

I am ALL FOR rear facing. I would love to get the 45 pounds Radian. The only problem is I dont even have a car. So it would be in and out a lot...

My mom has a chyrsler sebring with no latch and non locking seat belts.

Sister has a lumina with no latch from wayyyy back in the day.

I have heard of install issues and dont want to find out to late that it wont fit in the car.

FrogJuice

I would either keep the true fit and use it til it's outgrown and then buy a nice booster, or sell the true fit and get the nauti

NannyMom

I am ALL FOR rear facing. I would love to get the 45 pounds Radian. The only problem is I dont even have a car. So it would be in and out a lot...

My mom has a chyrsler sebring with no latch and non locking seat belts.

Sister has a lumina with no latch from wayyyy back in the day.

I have heard of install issues and dont want to find out to late that it wont fit in the car.

If the cars are pre 1996, you're right, they may have non-locking seatbelts. I may be inclined to keep the TF because of the lockoffs. If using a locking clip doesn't phase you, I'd go with the Nautilus (they have a new one coming with a lockoff even).

Just beacuse the seat can ahrness to 65 pounds, doesn't mean the child will still fit then. J is 6 years old and 52ish pounds. He won't make it to 60, let alone 65.

susanx4

my 6 year old sat in the truefit and fit great, but he is in a booster, so the seat wasn't for him. my oldest is 11 and weight 67 lbs... all my kids are built the same and will out grow everything by height before weight..

i really like how the true fit installs ff ( i like it better then rf install!) so i would say keep it if you like it! even though i am dreaming one day i can get a frontier when dd3 is ready to ff :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC