D'oh, so close

Tara

So we went to BRU this afternoon, just to browse. Seeing if they had that new Safety 1st seat in, no, by the way. They didn't even have any Sceneras. Anywho..

A couple was there looking at the ComfortSport and the Evenflo whatever that looks the same. I politely offered a little input. They were very welcoming :) I told them about the short top harness slots on those seats as well as the lower weight limit. I saw them looking at the Marathon as well, but came back to these cheaper seats.

So anyway, I chat with them about it a bit. Thanked me for my input, I went along my business and got down a Marathon. I was going to see how the baby fit in it, out of my own curiousity, sure, but he's already in a RA hehe But I thought maybe just maybe, seeing my little one, barely bigger than theirs, in this seat...

They then head back to oogle the Marathons. I tell them I was moving the straps down on this and would have it installed in just a sec if they wanted to try it. Sure! They tried, loved how the baby fit in the seat. He fit perfectly! So they again thank me and go back to discussing their options amongst themselves. I carry on with my playing.

They mulled over it for quite some time, back and forth, back and forth....but left with the Evenflo *shrug*

I mentioned the higher harness height, higher RF and FF weight limits...I even mentioned the Scenera as a cheaper option with higher RF weight limit..and I'm sure I mentioned a few other things I just can't recall at the moment. They seemed sooo "there" But I think they were in the market for 2 seats...and REALLY wanted to get the 2 today, so, it was easier to buy 2 Evenflo today than 2 MAs and just didn't want to get the MA now then come back another time for seat #2.

What's 'even better'...I heard them say something about just getting that seat then he'd be in a booster anyway :( I figured I had 'butted in' plenty by that point, so I let that one go. Even though I *had* already mentioned 'the longer harnessed the better'. Oh they mentioned something like 'being freaked out by that video' Don't know just *which* video they meant, but anywho.

That was my excitement for the day.

Oh oh and gotta love that the BRU sales chicky girl was there *trying* to give advice, didn't know much of course. Couldn't say Britax to save her life, sorry, just found that humorous..the 'r' was in all the wrong places each time she said it. Then out of nowhere she mentions another seat 'oh whats the name of it....' 'husky!' she finally blurts out as it goes to 80 # I then clarify that seat is now the Regent, it's a HUGE forward facing only seat for kids 20 - 80 # And pointed to 3 of my children whom could use it (the 5, 7 and 9 yo). She then had the 'huh/duh' kind of look on her face.

:rolleyes:

I did get a few pics, we'll see what turned out and what wants to actually upload LOL They may or may not make it here.

ADS

lovinwaves

Good try though. They will be surely kicking themselves later for not listening to you, well then again maybe not. Awesome of you to speak up though! Did they not see your five kids with you? I mean come on, I think you know a little bit about carseats, LOL :D

Tara

Did they not see your five kids with you? I mean come on, I think you know a little bit about carseats, LOL

LOL I know it! I first politely asked if they would mind a little input from me. Explained that I was kind of a car seat fanatic, that all 5 of my kids are in seats and my vehicle is full of Britax seats in particular.

I think that's the only way I got as far as I did with them, I believe. They really seemed to trust what I had to say. Ooo they were *rightthere* I just didn't want to 'over stay my welcome' I guess you could say hahaha
Yeah...5 kids...up to age **9** mind you, in seats..yeah, you'd think they'd think I knew *something* hehe

Tara

Oh, btw, my pics didn't turn out well. My camera is dying I do believe Argh! Very frustrating. But anywho...
I played with the SafeSeat a bit ... I don't like that cover, the way it fits, it was funky. My 3 yr old would need the top slots on that. She had room at that slot, but it was the last slot. The slot under it was below her shoulders.

I tried the 5 yr old in the Evenflo BigKid booster. He fit in it ok, height-wise, on the lowest setting. My 9 yr old fit it well with the back at highest setting and the headrest at the lowest. That was something different...2 different adjustments, but anywho..
Oh and the Apex, I tried the 5 yr old in that too. For the harness..hmm, trying to remember now..I remember him having lots of room in the top slots. I'm wanting to think he fit in that about like Doodles did in the SafeSeat ... on the top slots, there was much room, it actually looked too high, but the slots below were UNDER the shoulders.
And my *maybe* 20# sprite, the 11 month old, fits the MA well on the BOTTOM slots.

I think that's all I accomplished. Other than wandering around seats with a measuring tape, just taking mental note of what had shorter top slots than the MA. Which waaaaas, you know, practically everything :S

ETA:
Here are the cruddy pics I managed: http://picasaweb.google.com/MommaTara/071207carseats?authkey=Inr0y3EjOew

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC