Free Car Seat in Florida!

Wineaux

Check this one out as well. Let us know what the deal is if you live in Florida.

:)

http://www.seminoletax.org/carseat.htm

Child Safety Seats

Is Your child safe?

Florida Highway Patrol Trooper KIM MILLER, presents a training class for Child Safety Seats. Attend the one hour class and receive A FREE CAR SEAT.

Call

1-800-226-5350 Ext. 307

A Car Seat WILL Save a Child's Life!

This program is sponsored by the efforts of:

Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Division of Motor Vehicles

The Florida Tax Collectors

The Allstate Foundation

The GM Corporation

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
OMG! The photo on the website you posted is ONE of the seats I had when I was a nanny. It was an Eddie Bauer OHS something-or-other and it was TERRIBLE!!!!! The shield broke while I was driving (the seat was fairly new) and Cosco told me I was at fault because I was leaving the seat in the car during extreme temperature fluctuations. :confused: :eek: :confused: Were they expecting me to take the seat indoors each evening? Crazy.

I hope they aren't giving out a seat like that one. The EB OHS was from YEARS ago (2000?), so I doubt it, but you never know!

Wineaux

The website was started in 1999, but last updated in 2006. My guess is that the picture is from then. If it's not broke, don't fix it if you know what I mean.
;)

mominabigtruck

Well at least maybe they'll have someone knowledgeable teaching it. When I had my oldest and was single and on wic the health dept got me to go to their carseat class to receive a free seat. I already had a really nice evenflo titan and a cosco eddie bauer seat but I needed an extra so I figured I'd go. The lady teaching it was a misinformed nitwit, telling everybody they had to turn their kids around because they were 1, knew nothing about the tether or latch and the seat they were giving out was a touriva, which has a really high rfing seat. Now most people know I'm not a big fan of the scenera because its not padded but I swear my kid would have been safer in a plastic bucket, as much padding as this thing had. Just a thin piece of fabric that didn't even cover the whole seat and absolutely no foam or whatever that gray stuff that goes behind the head is. I ended up giving it to a lady I worked with because she needed a seat but I can tell you that was the biggest waste of an hour I ever spent.

southpawboston

Now most people know I'm not a big fan of the scenera because its not padded but I swear my kid would have been safer in a plastic bucket, as much padding as this thing had. Just a thin piece of fabric that didn't even cover the whole seat and absolutely no foam or whatever that gray stuff that goes behind the head is. I ended up giving it to a lady I worked with because she needed a seat but I can tell you that was the biggest waste of an hour I ever spent.

most people here think the touriva is a great seat for the money! i'm picking up two for MIL's CRV based on the reviews here!!!

hey, as long as it's safe!

that gray stuff that goes behind the head

EPS foam.

mominabigtruck

I don't think the touriva is a bad seat per se. I loved the eddie bauer ones they had. I just am of the opinion that I personally would not want to sit on a piece of hard plastic for any extended period of time so I'm certainly not going to make my baby. I think its a fine seat for people on a budget or for an extra car, but its not the seat for me.

scatterbunny

My dd had an Alpha Omega (bare bones model from 2001) as her primary seat from 9 months to 2.5 years old (when she outgrew it by height). We had a bare-bones (from WIC/health department) Touriva as our spare. It had the partial-wrap cover and no padding. My dd never cared.

We moved her to a Husky as her primary seat from the Alpha Omega and she loved the Husky for its comfort...but had to sell that (long story) and she moved into a Fisher Price Futura...just like the Touriva, no padding. But she has never said a word about missing the padding. She misses her Husky because it was bigger and roomier and was easier for her to buckle herself, but she has never once cared about lack of padding in a seat.

It might just be my crazy girl, though. :D

I love the Touriva/Regal Ride/Scenera, personally.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC