I'm in the market for another booster

Stretchy Glue

My niece turns 5 on Wednesday and has been on a crazy growth spurt. In June she was just outgrowing a Scenera, barely 30 lbs. This weekend I noticed that her shoulders are right AT the top slots in the FPSVD and last night we weighed her and she weighs 35 lbs. The fact that she grew so fast just amazes me. I swear it's being outside and playing, something she rarely did when she lived in CA.

My grand plan was to use the Dakota from DH's truck for H, and put the back on the Monterey and have niece use that, but H threw a fit at the thought of giving up her booster so now I need to find another seat. Niece fits okay, but she has very little time. I don't think she'll make it to Christmas. Sis isn't working, neither is my DH so there isn't really a lot of extra money. Anyone know of a turbo sale coming up? I'm really cursing myself for getting rid of the FPSV booster a few months ago.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

can you get the recaro vivo at your big lots? Mine still has TONS of them (all in blush as far as I know... they're all up HIGH, but the 4 I could check (aka... all but the 2 in the middle) were blush with 10 of 07 dates.

I got one for Ruthie... short term, her spare seat if it fits well in the middle of her dad's cobalt... middle term - she'll probably switch to it as a main seat this summer, as she has been asking a LOT and trying to be sneaky and try to use Jeffrey's Monterey when he's not with us and buckles herself in before I remind her it doesn't fit her (well, it would if I adjusted it, but not reminding her of that)... and LONG term... after Jeffrey outgrows/no longer wants the Monterey, I'll move it back to spare status.

anyway... she tried out the Vivo in the house and we just LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Qarin

Our side of the country Big Lots don't seem to have the Vivos, and I am seriously bummed about it.

ginny4

well i think the monterey would be too much seat (width wise) for the neice anyway.

my big lots (nto even close by) doesn't have vivos either. i think either a vivo or turbo would be a good choice

BW1426

Walmart.com has this one. With free shipping to a store, it's not a bad price at all. They also have a black one for $50.

Stretchy Glue

well i think the monterey would be too much seat (width wise) for the neice anyway.

my big lots (nto even close by) doesn't have vivos either. i think either a vivo or turbo would be a good choice

I think so too. She's pretty petite and very narrow. I'm not in a mad rush. Kind of wish I had kept the Parkway.:whistle:

Kat_Momof3

well, since big lots is out... the next best price for the vivo/vivo light is albeebaby.com - they still have some on sale.

Otherwise, I'd just wait for a good sale on turboboosters.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC