Do buy carseats to match your car interior or fun prints?

sholoulou

How do you pick out the print or color of your carseat? Do you match the carseat to the interior of your car or do you go for fun prints?

ADS

mom2juliarose

Whatever is cheapest gets priority, followed by what DD has a preference for (although I DO like to match it to my car if possible).

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Prints, usually. I get what my kids pick, if there's a choice in cover. My eldest chose black last time she had a choice, though. And grey the time before that. Whatever...

AtTheSouthDam

Both? DD2 had a choice between Target's girly MR (the name escapes me at this minute) or the Sonata depening on if DH got a car with a brown interior or gray. He got a brown interior and I think a gray seat would look bad in there. But the Sonata looks horrid in my gray interior van. For the most part though, are seats a pretty much pink so I guess fun prints the cordinate :D

obamamama

I like fun prints best. I dont have any at the moment though.
I have a sporty blue TF and a red Monterey.

Had an Artic Cat RA, Disney Princess TB, Madison Regent. Miss those covers!

Raegansmom4

Sort of w/ the car. Gray interior, and we have a GN in Bravo (black and gray) and a MR in Bartlett (gray w/ light blue piping). But, I just ordered a Sahara Regent, so will no longer match. Oh well. Not a biggie w/ me anyway.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I buy whatever is on sale. I usually don't wind up with the cover that I like best because of this. My Sporty Blue True Fit is the only seat where I've ever been able to buy the cover that I like best on a seat. I have pretty boring seats (Mosaic Boulevard, Greystone Marathon, Rushmore Frontier).

3plus2isme

We do both?

I dunno.. We had and LOVED our cowmoo marathons for years but those are gone now :( Now we have black and grey seats but it's their choice!

I TRIED and TRIED to get DS1 to pick a red frontier when we bought them a few weeks ago.. it was a no go. And then DH wanted DS2 to have his match in the truck. Then today when we were out getting the XT I tried again to get DS1 to pick the red XT and he didn't want it :( He wanted the grey :eek: So we have tan frontiers, grey radians and grey/black parkway sg lol

Oh but I should add... once baby girl gets her seat all bets are off with these plain grey covers! She has a Portia SS1 waiting (I didn't want to go pink for her bucket) but her next seat will be uber girly ;)

Pixels

More the car. DD's too young to express much of an opinion, seats will most likely be passed down to future siblings, and I would get sick of most prints long before a seat came close to expiring.

NannyMom

Fun prints when I can. Though I did think it was kinda cool when I had 4 gray carseats with my gray interior for a short while.

2BunniesMommy

Fun! I don't care if it matches my car or if the seats match together. I let DD1 pick her own Frontier, but any other choices were mine. I will let DD2 do some picking when she is old enough. I choose the seat, they can decide what it looks like.

Kaede's_Mom

I love the fun prints and bright colors. However there doesn't seem to be any fun boy prints out right now :( there needs to be some in the next few months. DH rather match the car interior.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC