Random seat check

SoccerMom

I was picking DS up from school this afternoon and in front of the school the police were stopping cars to check for carseats.
It wasn't a full check, just looking to make sure kids were in seats, but I guess it's better then nothing.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Awesome! I wish they did that more places! (I have to wonder what they would say about my kids... :whistle: )

TheNimpsGirl

That's great! Maybe they had one too many complaints from parents/the school about unrestrained children that warrented the seat check.

Jennifer mom to my 7

THey did it in Kingston, NY, back at the end of last school year (June). From what I understand, there might have been a death with a child not in a booster (NY is a 6 year state, meaning any child under 7 needs to be in a proper restraint).

NannyMom

Awesome! I almost called the cops yesterday and told them to come watch the cars at our school's dismissal. Dad picked up his 2 DDs (looked about 5 and 7/8). Dad had a convertible 2 door small sports car, only front seats. And both girls sat in the front, and shared the lap belt (nope, no shoulder belt). The top was down because it was a nice day... wouldn't have been hard to spot :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC