does anyone have...

Cryssy Jane

a picture of a 22 ish pound child in a regent? One of my clients is considering getting one due to the longevity of the seat and I'm trying to convince her out of it. :thumbsdown: Her daughter is roughly 1.5 years old and is about 20-22lbs with a 10 inch torso.

Much to my avail she has not wanted to turn this child back rf even though she's seen all the articles and videos about how dangerous it is for her to FF. I just found out yesterday that she pretty much came home from the hospital in a FF convertible. :eek:

Any pictures showing how this child would be swallowed up by the seat would be great! I don't have one to play with so I can't show her personally.

Also, anyone have a picture of a small 3 year old in a HBB? She's trying to put her 3 year old, 28lb daughter in a HBB because it's easier :mad: I told her 4 and 40 was minimum and she said the TB says 3 and 30...

ADS

canadiangie

Question: what is the 18m/o riding in now? could she stay riding in it?

Could this client then buy the Regent for her 3y/o to use for now, later passing it to the younger child?

sorry I don't have any pics saved of an itty bitty in a Regent.

Cryssy Jane

Mom is borrowing my MA at the moment because she had baby in an expired AIO.

3 year old is currently borrowing one of my radians as of yesterday. 3 year old was in a NBB :(

I can't let her borrow my seats for long term because I now don't have enough for my daycare kiddos thus confining us to the house.

I think I'm going to have her look into a scenera for the baby for now. I mean technically she could probaby get away with two for a while because the 3 year old is so tiny.

Blondie87

D is 21 lbs and has prolly a 10 in torso... I'll take a pic when we get home. He fits good torso wise though...

Qarin

I have an Evenflo Generations with a February '05 DOM sitting unused, which would work for the 3 year old if you want it.

Cryssy Jane

I have an Evenflo Generations with a February '05 DOM sitting unused, which would work for the 3 year old if you want it.

Super! I'll ask mom if she would be interested, although I won't see her again until tuesday (I'm going to vegas tomorrow, be back late monday) But I'll ask as soon as I see her.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Her torso was quite a bit taller than 10 inches (More like 14.5:eek:) she was slouching here. But, about a year old, 22 pounds, 32.5 inches?
regent3.jpg

raffaellaseat.jpg

This is how she fit in her decathlon at a little older at about the same time.

Blondie87

OMGoodness... he fits horrible! I couldn't even get it near as tight enough for some reason. I thought I could before.. but it was not happening this time..

let me upload the pics to photobucket and black out his face..

Cryssy Jane

Her torso was quite a bit taller than 10 inches (More like 14.5:eek:) she was slouching here. But, about a year old, 22 pounds, 32.5 inches?
This is how she fit in her decathlon at a little older at about the same time.

wow, girl's got torso! Thank you for the pictures. I think that will help me win the debate.

Blondie87

No matter what I did I couldn't get the straps tighter then this on him. He's even with the bottom slots of the Marathon. I haven't measured his torso though. He'sabout 30 inches and 20/21 lbs.

IMG_3177.jpg
IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3179.jpg
10124_246940265245_650315245_860682.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

ETA- Checked why I couldn't get the straps tighter, the splitter plate was caught on the latch straps. So it could get tighter, either way though.. didn't fit him well. Crotch strap was way to far forward for him, and the him straps were so wide on him.

Last edited:

scatterbunny

In addition to stressing how poorly it will fit a child that age/size, I would stress the fact that unless she plans on keeping this child harnessed until age 8+ (unlikely given the fact that she wants her 3yo in a booster), the Regent is WAY overkill, and will expire before the child is too big for it.

If she wants to get it to use for the 3yo now, and pass it down to the 1yo in a couple of years, that would work well. Even if you can't convince her to RF the 1yo, hopefully you can convince her to purchase a seat that will fit the child better. Be sure to mention not only the fact that the straps possibly will not tighten enough to protect the child in a crash, but also the fact that the poor child will have no sleep support (which will almost certainly lead to some miserably cranky car rides).

Cryssy Jane

Mmk I'm forwarding this thread on to mom and see what she says after being presented with such information. I called her so she will check her email and get back to me by the end of the day.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC