Bumbleride Indie twin or BJCED

ADS

lovinwaves

OP, lets start over again with what you exactly are wanting.

Ages and weight of riders
What will be the main purpose of the stroller?
Do you have any other double strollers you can use?
What SUV do you have?
HOw long do you want to be able to use the stroller?
What features are important to you?

lovinwaves

I keep considering the bumbleride, because:
I have an SUV
It is not going to be used everyday, so not a lot of lifting in and out of vehicles.

My strollers are never used everyday, but when I DO need my stroller it needs to be able to fold easily, and load easily into my van. Your SUV probably sits up alot higher, so really you need a stroller even more easier to fold and lift.

Take a look at these two videos:

Bumbleride: YouTube - Baby Gizmo Bumbleride Indie Twin Review At 3:30 they show the large fold, multi-step fold, and the awkwardness of getting it in and out of a vehicle.

Baby Jogger (This is a single, but the double fold EXACTLY the same):

Video I made yesterday showing how the Elite goes in and out of a car so nice and quick and easy. It also shows how small and flat it folds down. All wheels also pop off easily too if needed.

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...ber2009022.flv

dingohate

I'm agonizing over this as well. We've decided on the Bumbleride. I was able to play with it at a local baby store though and it is FABULOUS. It's easy to handle, has a GIGANTIC basket w/o that annoying bar in the middle. The only thing is that it's a BIG fold, but we have a truck so it's not an issue for us.

It's definitely the nicer of the 2 IMO.

Happytobeme

You are all too funny and sooooo helpful.:D

I have a suburban, so I have lots of room, but yes it does sit high. It says specifically that the chicco cannot fit onto the BJ, and after hanging around here for a couple of years, I have become VERY uncomfortable with adding anything that is not "approved".:whistle:

This would all be so simple if I could just find somewhere to get a hold of them and play with them. I am even considering getting them from somewhere that has free shipping and just sending back the one that I don't want.

The reason that I added the Mini in, was that even though we do a lot of horse shows, etc and live on a ranch, most of my miles are on fairly even surfaces. I hate jogging, but like walking and it would only be used away from home, not around here.

Hmm, the idea of getting all of them delivered here is getting more enticing, ( a waste of money, but definately more enticing)!

Thanks for pointing out how long you have had your BJ for, it says a lot for a product!! I am just trying to get it right the first time:confused:

Thanks all, off I go to look for my free shipping optinons, thanks for hanging with me and helping out!!

lovinwaves

Good luck with your decision.

Just wanted to say one more thing. These two particular BJ strollers are not for jogging, and neither is the Bumbleride. These are simply all-terrain strollers which are great for all surfaces even flat ones. They are in general much easier to push than strollers with smaller plastic wheels.

LP Mom

Just as an FYI, I have never used car seats with my strollers. In fact, I had my 8 month old as a newborn on the fully reclined seat of the BJCCD (on a snuzzler). Worked great.

Happytobeme

I had a quick peek at that one and shut the page down. Too much to think about!!

You will never believe what happened last night. A good friend turned up with a BOB Duallie for my birthday :eek::eek::eek::eek:

She said that I can order the stroller that I want, from whatever store, but she didn't want to come empty handed and wanted me to have something to play with and see if I liked it!!:eek::eek:

Am I the luckiest person in the world or what:love::love::love::love:

Now I am torn again. The one that she brought is the one with 16" wheels, but that things rocks! She told the people in the store that it was for "viewing" purposes only and they were fine with that, said just bring it back if its not what she wants, too cool.:thumbsup:

The thing that I didn't realise is that the 12" AW duallie is about 10 pounds lighter than the BJElite. Can that be correct?? Seems like a lot of difference.

I will probably still go with the elite, but the weight does have me thinking once again..............

The saga continues :rolleyes:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have a Suburban. I have 2.5yr old twins. I live on a small horse farm. I have a Valco Baby Runabout Tri-Mode Double. It is without a doubt, my favorite. I can take this sucker anywhere...offroad, to the mall, drs...you name it. Yes, it's big...but it's sooooooo easy to push. Folding is easy...yes, it's more than one step, but once you know how it's a peace of cake. I can have it in my cargo area and still go grocery shopping and get enough for a week for a family of 6. I can also fit several bags of horse feed next to the stroller.

Can you tell how much I love my Valco? ;)

Happytobeme

The gift of a double stroller is still a huge shock to me, now I feel bad for choosing one that is pricey!!
I looked at the valco's a little but didn't seem to have much feedback on them. Maybe I will go and check out some of the reviews of others and put it in my thinking chest!!
Thanks, have a great day:)

MySillyKids

this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

LP Mom

I have a Valco Trimode (a single though) and that stroller rocks too! I vote Valco Twin Trimode or BJCCD. :D

Last edited:

Happytobeme

Yep, she took it back to the store, it was just so I could see it have something to compare other strollers to.

My DS is only about 25 pounds (approx) and is 2.5, just a teeny tiny boy.
The next baby is expected to arrive at the end of January.
When we are at horse shows and out and about, DS is fabulous at still taking his marathon naps in a stroller, right now that is a chicco cortina. Lengthwise, he has grown out of it as far as napping goes. His head is sort of bent up when I lay it flat.

I am not worried about how long they will both ride, as DS has no option. We are out and about for long days and I have no family close by and no other help, so it is important to me to keep him confined;)
I got to thinking about the weight difference and I was able to justify it a little when I thought about the BJ having a parent console and four wheels. Love the idea of a bag to put them in if I do take them off.

So apart from lifting it into the car, which won't happen on a daily basis, I think I am comfortable with it being heavier when it has so many nice extra features.

Thanks so much for sticking with me on this, I just so badly wan't to get it right!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC