Comparing Convertibles with an Infant - PICTURE HEAVY

JerseyGirl'sMama

I ventured out today to BRU with DD and DS - thanks to my Moby wrap (that thing is a godsend.)

DS is 1 month, 10lbs 8oz... Er, 11lbs (just weighed him tonight), 22.5", with a 10" torso
DD is 32 months, 26lbs, 36", with a 13" torso

DS in the BV CS:
joeycarseats055.jpg

Shoulder straps at the lowest setting. They are even with his shoulder. He fits very well in this seat:
joeycarseats057.jpg

DD in the BV CS:
joeycarseats059.jpg

She looks like she has 2" of shell left:
joeycarseats060.jpg

DS in the MR (pardon the pink, I promise - that isn't why he was crying :p):
joeycarseats065.jpg

Shoulder straps at the lowest setting. The 2nd slot (the lowest you see behind the infant insert) is about an inch above his shoulders:
joeycarseats067.jpg

DS in the CA. He didn't fit well, the crotch strap is really long:
joeycarseats071.jpg

The shoulder straps are at least an inch above his shoulders:
joeycarseats073.jpg

DS in the MA:
joeycarseats068.jpg

Didn't quite fit, straps about a half inch above his shoulders:
joeycarseats069.jpg

I really liked the BV and the MR fit him well too. I can't decide which one I want yet (considering others too) but I think I want to move him out of the bucket seat.

Thanks for looking. :)

ETA: Joey at 2 months exactly, 13lbs even, and 23.5" length in the Radian XT SL:

RNXTSL.jpg

RNXTSL2.jpg

RNXTSL3.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

pastrygirl

Great comparisons! I just love his squishy face!!!

I wouldn't be able to do that with my 6-week-old because there would be massive amounts of spit-up in every picture, and on every seat, LOL. I am wondering how he'd fit in our MAs, though.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Cute! Your DS has a LONG torso!

BTW, your DD has at least 4-5" of shell in the Blvd :thumbsup:

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Thanks for sharing all of the comparison pictures. Both of your kids are adorable!

KelliBella

Okay, the sad baby pictures are just too adorable. I just want to pick him up and love on him. :) Seeing the two kids side-by-side is really interesting.

munchkin

Thanks for the pictures! They are adorable. Eli keeps kissing the computer screen, trying to make the baby happy.

romanoma

I think he looks so comfy in the MR! I just don't think the "body support" on the blvd is all that supportive for a newborn. Really more of a stiff filler of space :eek:.

Adorable kiddos!

and brave mama going out with 2 kids so soon!

itzmeigh

WAIT! There were carseats in those pictures? All I saw was a squishy handsome little man and his cuties curly big sister!

Naw. Great pictures! I like the comparisons. I love that cover on the BLVD. It really is a hard call aout which to get. I would have liked to see a True Ride in your choices too. I'd like to see how it compares with the BLVD. I think I have to say that the TR is next on my list so far... That or a brand new Radian.

romanoma

Naw. Great pictures! I like the comparisons. I love that cover on the BLVD. It really is a hard call aout which to get. I would have liked to see a True Ride in your choices too. I'd like to see how it compares with the BLVD. I think I have to say that the TR is next on my list so far... That or a brand new Radian.

Do you mean true fit? :whistle: ;)

itzmeigh

haha! oops! It's been a really hard week in this part of town! And by Really hard week what I really mean is that I'm ready to trade in the Preschooler and the Teenager and move to a tiny little island where no one can find me. EVER!!!

Yeah Ture FIT.

zactayaus

I would have liked to see a True Ride in your choices too. I'd like to see how it compares with the BLVD. I think I have to say that the TR is next on my list so far... That or a brand new Radian.

I have comparison pics of my 5 month old in the TF, BLVD, MR, and Radian. I'll post them if you're interested.

JerseyGirl'sMama

Thanks everyone for the cute kiddo comments. :love:

I think he looks so comfy in the MR! I just don't think the "body support" on the blvd is all that supportive for a newborn. Really more of a stiff filler of space :eek:.

Adorable kiddos!

and brave mama going out with 2 kids so soon!

Yes, he was quite comfy in the MR, but he also was just as comfy in the BV - really. I like them both. I have to say the BV was a lot nicer hands on - smoother harness adjuster, quality of the fabric and webbing was better, and it just felt more solid.

Thanks for mentioning that last part. I am proud of myself for getting out to do something like this on my own. :eek:

I would have liked to see a True Ride in your choices too. I'd like to see how it compares with the BLVD. I think I have to say that the TR is next on my list so far... That or a brand new Radian.

Oh, the TF is on my list, at the top actually, but they don't carry them at BRU around here. :thumbsup: And I just don't feel the love for the RN. :whistle:

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC