Quick SS1 question

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I have misplaced my manual (I know, bad mommy :eek:) and I need to know if there are any weird rules about letting the harness out? I am moving the straps up to the 2nd slot today and I would like to put the harness on the bigger settings at the hip and splitter plate. There is no weight limit or anything is there?

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
There's no weight limit, but if you move both the hip and shoulders out at the same time, the harness may be a little too big for such a little guy.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Thanks, I will check for that :) With them both on the smallest setting, it's getting hard to squeeze him in, since when I loosen it up the splitter plate gets hung up on the plastic covering thing and won't loosen all the way.

jsta1005

I started with the straps on the farthest out setting and was able to get the harness plenty tight even in a brand new baby.

zactayaus

Gavin has been on the 2nd slots of his SS1 since this summer and I just recentely let the harness out at the splitter plate (didn't do the hips yet). He has more than enough harness left over and he's a big guy (18lbs).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC