Confessions of a Car Seat Addict...

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Okay. Since I don't know any of you face to face (or at least I don't think I do), I'll admit something here that no one else knows but DH.

I decided to order car seats online to test rather than driving all over creation to see who had what seat in their store, etc. I searched and found a couple of stores with free shipping and that give a full refund. So returning them, I'd only be out return shipping (not too much if sent FedEx Ground or even more cheaply than that).

So - wanna know what has arrived/will arrive and clutter our foyer very soon???

First, here's what I ordered:
- 2 Radians: (one for my inlaws, one for me before deciding on Regent for me so I'll send one back :( )
- 1 Regent
- 1 Safeguard (just had to see it :D )
- 1 SafeguardGO (thinking about it for inlaws - had to see it)
- 1 Recaro Youth Sport (tried to cancel b/c weight not high enough; already shipped :( )

Now, in addition, I'll get an EXTRA:
- 1 Safeguard (just had to see it :D )
- 1 SafeguardGO (thinking about it for inlaws - had to see it)

...b/c TinyRide told me this morning that they would not be shipped for two weeks. I hung up the phone, thought about it, ordered from somewhere else. Remembered to call TinyRide back later to cancel: too late! Already shipped! So I called the other place back: too late! Already shipped!

So where will the people go when the house gets overtaken by car seats?

(Too embarassed to sign my name to this one... :eek: )

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Whoa, and I thought I had it bad. UPS/FedEx will need to dispatch an extra truck for all of your seat orders, lol. Too funny.

drey

Way too funny! UPS/FedEx should DEDICATE a truck just for your seats! :D

I wish I was as addicted, but my hubby would probably kill me! Can you take pictures of all the seats? Well, just the Radian, Regent, Safeguard, and Safeguard GO...

JaRylan

Please take a group photo, it will be like a class picture, lol. You should invite friends and kids over and maybe the kids will like a seat soooo much that they will throw a tantrum until their mommy and daddy buy them a cool seat like your child has!

Jacqui

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Hey, that's a great idea! Some of our best friends have a daugher Nolan's age (just turned 4) and they put her in a bpb about three months ago when their little one outgrew his infant carrier and needed her Roundabout. She went and got the cheapest one she could find (that was also hot pink) - I don't even know what kind it is. Great idea... :D

cantech

You go girl! If I could order a safeseat I would have even at $450US but they won't ship to Canada:(

The drivers are going to love you!

Belinda

JaRylan

Or - they can buy one from me and save me from paying return shipping :p

LOL, that's the thought that was going through my head and didn't make it to my fingers. Maybe you'll really luck out and discover a potential future car seat addict amongst your friends.

Jacqui

Morganthe

Y'know, you could always try one of those 'parties' like Pampered Chef or Tupperware. Peer pressure to buy the cutest and the most expensive works quite well there, plus that build up of excitement we all love in a group shopping frenzy :D

JaRylan

Y'know, you could always try one of those 'parties' like Pampered Chef or Tupperware. Peer pressure to buy the cutest and the most expensive works quite well there, plus that build up of excitement we all love in a group shopping frenzy :D

That's just crazy enough that it might work. You would need a trailer to haul all your "product" to each party. Maybe the frenzy would have people buying two r three carseats because they just can't decide on a colour, lol. Of course you would give volume discounts.

Jacqui:D

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
ROFL! Hope some of them work!
You're probably in good company around here.... I bought a RideSafer travel vest and had to hide it - good thing I was home first to grab it from the porch :)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Okay - ready for this?

Tonight, we went out to eat at a Chinese Restaurant. I had just finished telling DH the idea of the carseat party when they handed us our fortune cookies and the bill. DH's fortune - word for word: "You will attend a party where strange rituals prevail." ROFL!!! I am not making this up...:p

Maria

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Okay - ready for this?

Tonight, we went out to eat at a Chinese Restaurant. I had just finished telling DH the idea of the carseat party when they handed us our fortune cookies and the bill. DH's fortune - word for word: "You will attend a party where strange rituals prevail." ROFL!!! I am not making this up...:p

Maria

that is hilarious!!!

Lara

Okay - ready for this?

Maria

THAT is wierd! I would come to a carseat party! That would be like a dream for me lol.

willoL

I would 100% love to come to that carseat party. :) You've ordered exactly the seats I want to try in person!

I don't suppose you are in the Boston, MA area? I'd buy one of those seats from you! ;)

I think my husband would murder me if he came home and found that many enormous boxes in the foyer... (I'm an internet shopper, too.:eek: )

--willo

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I'm in the DC area if any of you are interested. Hey, you can take Amtrak straight from Boston to DC, or even the Alexandria stop near my house.

Now I'm freaking out a little, after looking at the cost of shipping these babies back :eek: I assumed it would be about $10 each - now where I got that number, I don't know. I think we shipped a big box recently across the country and it was $9 and some change. Guess it wasn't the size/weight of a darn carseat, huh? My guess it is will be $18-$25 each... Crud. Do that several times and that's the cost of a new seat! :(

So here's the deal: rather than paying to send these things back to the store, I will sell the leftovers :D to anyone who wants them, with a discount of the return shipping.

Any takers????

Maria

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC