Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Angry Carterís tagless rashes update: Company admits some clothing still not Oko-Tex certified!

http://www.zrecommends.com/detail/ca...fied/#comments

The tagless rash issue with Carter's isn't over yet. Carter's has not been entirely truthful on their website. Zrec's digs deeper into the issue...
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Carterís tagless rashes update: Company admits some clothing still not Oko-Tex certified!

I wish they'd just switch back to tags! They make soft, ribbon-like tags...and they sure do make it easier to label clothes!

Re: Carterís tagless rashes update: Company admits some clothing still not Oko-Tex certified!

Hmm, I just got some handy-me down Carter onsie's from DH's cousin who used was born in 07 and would have worn them in the fall. They have the solid background as well like on their site ... but I can't remember if I've put him in them yet. Now I'm wondering if I should? Thankfully he has newer ones that aren't solid and he hasn't had any kind of reaction to those though.

http://www.carters.com/corporate/tagless_message.aspx - pictures I'm talking about
    Mom to Peanut(12/2008) harnessed in FR90 and Snuggle Bug(10/2013) RFing in Blvd CT & XTSL

6. Thank You from:

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TheNimpsGirl View Post
    Hmm, I just got some handy-me down Carter onsie's from DH's cousin who used was born in 07 and would have worn them in the fall. They have the solid background as well like on their site ... but I can't remember if I've put him in them yet. Now I'm wondering if I should? Thankfully he has newer ones that aren't solid and he hasn't had any kind of reaction to those though.

http://www.carters.com/corporate/tagless_message.aspx - pictures I'm talking about
    Send them to Carter's for a refund and buy some new onesies. It's your call if you replace them with new onesies from Carter's or not.

Me? I'm rather miffed as we just got Ian some new clothes from Carter's on Sunday. I'll be speaking to my DW to determine if we are going to return them or not. They sure were cute though...

Damned greedy corporate vultures!
    Ian James - 3.5 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Wineaux View Post
    Send them to Carter's for a refund and buy some new onesies. It's your call if you replace them with new onesies from Carter's or not.

Me? I'm rather miffed as we just got Ian some new clothes from Carter's on Sunday. I'll be speaking to my DW to determine if we are going to return them or not. They sure were cute though...

Damned greedy corporate vultures!
    But I didn't buy them so I have no idea where they were bought or when exactly or for how much. Will that matter? I guess I've never had any issues with a Carter's clothing item but their honesty is a concern...
    Mom to Peanut(12/2008) harnessed in FR90 and Snuggle Bug(10/2013) RFing in Blvd CT & XTSL

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by TheNimpsGirl View Post
    But I didn't buy them so I have no idea where they were bought or when exactly or for how much. Will that matter? I guess I've never had any issues with a Carter's clothing item but their honesty is a concern...
    If you read the article I just linked, they are taking back clothes from the 2007 line without any questions or a receipt, and then issuing a refund. If you go to the Carter's website you should find a link that will tell you how to go about doing this. Where to send them to, etc...
    Ian James - 3.5 Years

Must have missed the words "no receipt required". It's late.

Senior Community Member Evolily's Avatar

A & C never had a reaction... it seems to be some babies react to it . It's unfortunate they haven't changed their tags- carters makes some great babies clothing!
    Formerly known as CelticLabyrinth
    Big sister to
    A, 5/06 and C 11/04
    Riding in Safety 1st Incognitos

I have tons of Carters onesies that have tags like that (and some that don't) Including some super cute ones that A wears ALL the time. Should I return them? Any of my future kiddos might have a reaction.. So maybe I should..

I had tons that I sent back...they were prompt to send a refund check and a bear for my daughter (which was a nice little bonus as she loves that bear). My daughter did have a reaction to them - she had a small raised white patch on her skin exactly where the tag would touch - it didn't seem to bother her. I honestly thought it was a birth mark. But sure enough as soon as I quit using the Carters onsies it faded away.

Why in the h&*# wouldn't they fix the problem. I just don't get corporate greed

DD - 12/07 - Backless Turbo
    DS - 9/13 - Boulevard

How much do they refund you per onesie? Is it even worth it?they've fixed it now haven't they? I've bought newer ones without that type of tag.

CPS Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie87 View Post
    How much do they refund you per onesie? Is it even worth it?they've fixed it now haven't they? I've bought newer ones without that type of tag.
    They told everyone that they fixed it, but in the article I linked to in the OP, Zrecs busted them for lying about that. They now use four different label companies, and only one of them uses the labels they announced that they were using on all of their clothing to address the problem.

What's worse, is that there is no way of knowing which of their clothes has which tag. So the only way the consumer will know is if their child reacts to a particular label, and even if your child doesn't react, that doesn't mean that whatever chemical that's causing this reaction in the first place isn't being absorbed into your childs skin!
    Ian James - 3.5 Years