News Carter’s tagless rashes update: Company admits some clothing still not Oko-Tex certified!

ADS

ShumNum

Senior Community Member
Re: Carter’s tagless rashes update: Company admits some clothing still not Oko-Tex certified!

I wish they'd just switch back to tags! They make soft, ribbon-like tags...and they sure do make it easier to label clothes!

TheNimpsGirl

Re: Carter’s tagless rashes update: Company admits some clothing still not Oko-Tex certified!

Hmm, I just got some handy-me down Carter onsie's from DH's cousin who used was born in 07 and would have worn them in the fall. They have the solid background as well like on their site ... but I can't remember if I've put him in them yet. Now I'm wondering if I should? Thankfully he has newer ones that aren't solid and he hasn't had any kind of reaction to those though.

http://www.carters.com/corporate/tagless_message.aspx - pictures I'm talking about

Wineaux

Hmm, I just got some handy-me down Carter onsie's from DH's cousin who used was born in 07 and would have worn them in the fall. They have the solid background as well like on their site ... but I can't remember if I've put him in them yet. Now I'm wondering if I should? Thankfully he has newer ones that aren't solid and he hasn't had any kind of reaction to those though.

http://www.carters.com/corporate/tagless_message.aspx - pictures I'm talking about

Send them to Carter's for a refund and buy some new onesies. It's your call if you replace them with new onesies from Carter's or not.

Me? I'm rather miffed as we just got Ian some new clothes from Carter's on Sunday. I'll be speaking to my DW to determine if we are going to return them or not. They sure were cute though... :(

Damned greedy corporate vultures!

TheNimpsGirl

Send them to Carter's for a refund and buy some new onesies. It's your call if you replace them with new onesies from Carter's or not.

Me? I'm rather miffed as we just got Ian some new clothes from Carter's on Sunday. I'll be speaking to my DW to determine if we are going to return them or not. They sure were cute though... :(

Damned greedy corporate vultures!

But I didn't buy them so I have no idea where they were bought or when exactly or for how much. Will that matter? I guess I've never had any issues with a Carter's clothing item but their honesty is a concern...

Wineaux

But I didn't buy them so I have no idea where they were bought or when exactly or for how much. Will that matter? I guess I've never had any issues with a Carter's clothing item but their honesty is a concern...
If you read the article I just linked, they are taking back clothes from the 2007 line without any questions or a receipt, and then issuing a refund. If you go to the Carter's website you should find a link that will tell you how to go about doing this. Where to send them to, etc...

TheNimpsGirl

Must have missed the words "no receipt required". It's late.

Evolily

A & C never had a reaction... it seems to be some babies react to it :( . It's unfortunate they haven't changed their tags- carters makes some great babies clothing!

Blondie87

I have tons of Carters onesies that have tags like that (and some that don't) Including some super cute ones that A wears ALL the time. Should I return them? Any of my future kiddos might have a reaction.. So maybe I should..

SavsMom

I had tons that I sent back...they were prompt to send a refund check and a bear for my daughter (which was a nice little bonus as she loves that bear). My daughter did have a reaction to them - she had a small raised white patch on her skin exactly where the tag would touch - it didn't seem to bother her. I honestly thought it was a birth mark. But sure enough as soon as I quit using the Carters onsies it faded away.

Why in the h&*# wouldn't they fix the problem. I just don't get corporate greed :thumbsdown:

Blondie87

How much do they refund you per onesie? Is it even worth it?they've fixed it now haven't they? I've bought newer ones without that type of tag.

Wineaux

How much do they refund you per onesie? Is it even worth it?they've fixed it now haven't they? I've bought newer ones without that type of tag.

They told everyone that they fixed it, but in the article I linked to in the OP, Zrecs busted them for lying about that. They now use four different label companies, and only one of them uses the labels they announced that they were using on all of their clothing to address the problem.

What's worse, is that there is no way of knowing which of their clothes has which tag. So the only way the consumer will know is if their child reacts to a particular label, and even if your child doesn't react, that doesn't mean that whatever chemical that's causing this reaction in the first place isn't being absorbed into your childs skin!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC